Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering who I might be seeing in September. I've not had an offer yet (has anyone?) but I'm hoping to be accepted onto the Engineering Foundation year before I go into Electronic Engineering. 4 years at college and I still didn't decide to take Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Just wondering who I might be seeing in September. I've not had an offer yet (has anyone?) but I'm hoping to be accepted onto the Engineering Foundation year before I go into Electronic Engineering. 4 years at college and I still didn't decide to take Physics
    I'll be on it this year, got my offer a while back.

Picked A levels I knew I enjoyed rather than the ones I needed like a knob.

ReputationRep:
    When you say a while back do you know roughly how long you waited between application and offer? I put my application in around November and haven't heard anything yet

I think I was somewhat in the same boat though. Had no idea what I wanted to do so I just picked stuff I'd enjoy. And then still had no idea after my first 2 years so I went back while it was free. And still had no idea when I left last year. Wish I'd known what A Levels I'd need back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    When you say a while back do you know roughly how long you waited between application and offer? I put my application in around November and haven't heard anything yet

I think I was somewhat in the same boat though. Had no idea what I wanted to do so I just picked stuff I'd enjoy. And then still had no idea after my first 2 years so I went back while it was free. And still had no idea when I left last year. Wish I'd known what A Levels I'd need back then.
    Did a little digging for you, I applied 3rd September received my Offer 18 November, but you have to remember this was when the Uni would have been quiet as not many people has their Applications in before late September, I would expect one around the end of this month.

It's difficult to know what you want to do at 16, I think alot of people struggle, thank god for Foundation Years!!! Side note, I am alos hoping to progress to Electronic Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanx623)
    Did a little digging for you, I applied 3rd September received my Offer 18 November, but you have to remember this was when the Uni would have been quiet as not many people has their Applications in before late September, I would expect one around the end of this month.

It's difficult to know what you want to do at 16, I think alot of people struggle, thank god for Foundation Years!!! Side note, I am alos hoping to progress to Electronic Engineering
    Ah fair enough, I think I was under the impression that applications didn't open until October, hence my applying later. I wasn't aware you could apply in September. Not that I was absolutely certain at that point. Hopefully I'll hear back soon then. I keep buying stuff in preparation and I'd hate to have to hold onto everything for another year.

The foundation year is most definitely a wonderful thing. Unfortunate that not all institutions offer one. If I'm unsuccessful with Southampton I'm considering just going back and getting my missing Physics A Level. But hopefully I'll see you in September. And congrats on the offer by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Ah fair enough, I think I was under the impression that applications didn't open until October, hence my applying later. I wasn't aware you could apply in September. Not that I was absolutely certain at that point. Hopefully I'll hear back soon then. I keep buying stuff in preparation and I'd hate to have to hold onto everything for another year.

The foundation year is most definitely a wonderful thing. Unfortunate that not all institutions offer one. If I'm unsuccessful with Southampton I'm considering just going back and getting my missing Physics A Level. But hopefully I'll see you in September. And congrats on the offer by the way!
    Yeah alot of people think that. I don't have the storage space so just saving for a massive amazon session the week before move in (Hopefully) I'm sure you'll get in!I look forward to it and thanks, Let me know when you get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get offered your place??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanx623)
    Did you get offered your place??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still haven't heard anything unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    To update this I've since had a change of heart. I'm not longer applying for engineering and instead I've applied for Computer Forensics and Networking at Portsmouth. I've had 2 unconditional offers from them and withdrew my application from Southampton so that I could make a decision. So no Southampton for me then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.