Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Those of you who bet on football.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can i just use another betting site to bet the opposite of what I've done on another site?

Say I bet on man Utd, man city and Leicester to win tomorrow on sky bet, can I then bet for Liverpool, Stoke and Sunderland to win on bet 365?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not if you have more than one selection.

Betting on singles on one site and the opposite on another site is a thing people do, I believe it's called arbitrage betting.

So you'd bet on Man United to win on B365 and bet on Stoke/Draw on Skybet. Depending on the odds, you could make a profit, however it's very tiny and you'd need at least a few grand to make it worthwhile.

On the other hand, making use of bookies free bets and doing that on a bookmaker and then on a betting exchange is much better and that's called matched betting and bookies won't hate you for that.

ReputationRep:
    What if I do the opposite on a 10 fold accumulator or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    Can i just use another betting site to bet the opposite of what I've done on another site?

Say I bet on man Utd, man city and Leicester to win tomorrow on sky bet, can I then bet for Liverpool, Stoke and Sunderland to win on bet 365?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And what happens if theres a draw?

Remember every football game (except for finals) have 3 outcomes!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you'll even get a bet on the odds of a 10-fold accumulator not happening!

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can just scrap the Sunderland to win bet anyway?

ReputationRep:
    There are 59,049 different combinations for a 10 match accumulator. Good luck creating all those accounts.

In all seriousness betting is a mugs game, and you don't seem to know what you're on about. Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    There are 59,049 different combinations for a 10 match accumulator. Good luck creating all those accounts.

In all seriousness betting is a mugs game, and you don't seem to know what you're on about. Don't do it.
    Betting to mostly lose small amounts with the occasional unexpected win is fun! Money you don't mind losing and potential winnings never so big it gets stressful.

But I agree, unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't approach betting expecting to do anything other than lose money. I've been betting for years, I've got a degree in Maths and I still lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    Betting to mostly lose small amounts with the occasional unexpected win is fun! Money you don't mind losing and potential winnings never so big it gets stressful.

But I agree, unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't approach betting expecting to do anything other than lose money. I've been betting for years, I've got a degree in Maths and I still lose.
    I agree, completely. Betting small amounts is innocent enough in small, a quid here and there won't hurt anyone, but that's how everyone who's ever been addicted to gambling began. I imagine it's a very slippery slop once you get so far in.

There's only one winner when it comes to betting and that's the bookies!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.