The Student Room Group

Is Britain run by a dictatorship of mentally damaged former public schoolboys?

Poll

Scroll to see replies

no
Original post by lopterton

i posted that on fb, hope you dont mind. X Love you btw
Reply 3
Makes you wonder what that makes the voters...
Everyone is mentally damaged to an extent. Whether they went to private school or not.
I'm a leftist nutjob, but lol
Well, if it's run by multiple mentally damaged former public schoolboys, it can't be a dictatorship, at least. It's an oligarchy at worst.
Original post by Aj12

That's an extremely on-the-ball question. Because the dictatorship doesn't operate in a vacuum. The answer to the question is that it makes most of the rest of us deferential. That's one of the social facts that the said dictatorship achieves and continues to achieve.

A person who's not one of them shouldn't ever say "I think" in the belief that they're going to be treated as an equal. I am serious. Picture yourself at a top public school. Are you going to listen to the view of one the "yobs" or "chavs" or "townies"? It's not their place to have a role in deciding social issues. Sure, if they get some sort of managerial job after 10 years of proving they won't rock the boat, they can be consulted on how the dictatorship can achieve one of its aims, or how things can be managed. But they shouldn't ever get the idea that they're on the team. It's not their country. Goodness! That would be against all the laws of nature!

Another question is who can I vote for if I want to sort the problem out? I mean, to sort out the senior civil service, the top judges, the City of London, Oxford and Cambridge universities, the gentlemen's clubs, basically sort the country out so that it isn't any longer run by the said lot? If there was a serious political party that I thought could sort the problem out, I would vote for them. I would join them and be active in their effort. Most people have little hope. People accept their position as "hoi polloi", "members of the public", etc.

This is a great poll. It makes a very good point in very few words. I'm going to circulate it too!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Well, if it's run by multiple mentally damaged former public schoolboys, it can't be a dictatorship, at least. It's an oligarchy at worst.

I understand your point, and it's legitimate to define the terms like that. But I'd say you can get a dictatorship of a collective, of a caste or stratum or class. That's the way the poll is using the term too.
Reply 9
No. Its a Republic of mentally damaged former public schoolboys. If it was a dictatorship their would only be one of them.
Reply 10
I hope not ...
That is vicious and insulting, grow up.
Reply 13
Original post by Jamie S
That is vicious and insulting, grow up.

And the elite of mentally damaged former public schoolboys who rule over us - what are they then? Benevolent? Always careful to treat their servants well?

British Prime Minister and an obscene act with a dead pig's head
And the elite of mentally damaged former public schoolboys who rule over us - what are they then? Benevolent? Always careful to treat their servants well?

British Prime Minister and an obscene act with a dead pig's head

No, I think you are inferring bit too much.

1) They aren't mentally damaged.
2) Private school kids aren't aliens, I'm one and I'm from a working class background.
3) I didn't say they were benevolent - no one is.
4) Their aim is to be reelected.
5) Being so vicious to a group of people in society is wrong.
6) They don't have servants.
7) There are good and bad policies - Okay, that doesn't mean they have a mental disorder.
yes

No we are run by America and the Eu , You heard it here first.
Original post by Aj12

Chavs who think that posh people are cool and have all the answers.
Reply 18
Rise up, Comrades! I mean, it can't be all that difficult to boot this bunch of mentally damaged former public schoolboys out of power....
They're not as mentally challenged as the next person. If anything, they're cunning in their own cruel little way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending