Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whatare your vies on Barack Obama Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    will he be missed? I think he's the best president we will ever get in the states. He's hip and just so cool. He isn't boring. He gets **** done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    will he be missed? I think he's the best president we will ever get in the states. He's hip and just so cool. He isn't boring. He gets **** done.
    He's a great PR products that's for sure.

He won best brand.

http://adage.com/article/moy-2008/ob...r-year/131810/

ReputationRep:
    He promised change but delivered little. and now he is backing hillary instead of bernie because he fears that bernie will bring real change and outshine him.

ReputationRep:
    Utter scum.

People think he's "amazing" and so "charismatic", but others, like me, see right through his lies.

Honestly I'd love Trump or even Bernie to take over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyAnacondaDoes)
    Utter scum.

People think he's "amazing" and so "charismatic", but others, like me, see right through his lies.
    you must be close to him

ReputationRep:
    you must be close to him
    Says the girl kissing Obama's ass.

Trump might be a bigot but he's smart, blunt and pretty much what the US wants and needs. Bernie isn't far off either, but he's old.

ReputationRep:
    *What are your views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyAnacondaDoes)
    Says the girl kissing Obama's ass.

Trump might be a bigot but he's smart, blunt and pretty much what the US wants and needs. Bernie isn't far off either, but he's old.
    He's the first successful black president in America. He's not perfect but he isn't as bad as some haters make him out to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    *What are your views
    I honestly can't stand your arrogance

ReputationRep:
    He's the first successful black president in America. He's not perfect but he isn't as bad as some haters make him out to be
    How can you call him "successful" lol... he's done more harm than good.

MLK is still rolling in his grave.

ReputationRep:
    Good:
    - He is presidential. Speaks well and with authority, has a good personality etc.
    - Pardoned non-violent drug offenders

Bad:
    - Foreign policy is all over the place (not as bad as Bush but that's not exactly difficult).
    - Obamacare has resulted in the cost of healthcare skyrocketing for the middle class.
    - Government still spends too much money and corporation tax is still too high. Failed to deal with the debt.
    - Gun control had resulted in more people buying guns and will barely stop any gun-related crimes

Overall bad imo.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Title should be: What are your views on Barack Obama

Not:
    whatare your vies on Barack Obama

Three mistakes:

Capital letter
    Missing space
    And incorrect spelling

Glad to help

ReputationRep:
    Don't care n don't know too much about him since I don't live in the U.S. So he doesn't affect me. But it's good u guys have a coloured president, I wish Britain would do the same, but the UK would never have a coloured prime minister

ReputationRep:
    He's feckless, lazy, completely inept and prefers playing golf to actually being president.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djh2208)
    Good:
    - He is presidential. Speaks well and with authority, has a good personality etc.
    - Pardoned non-violent drug offenders

Bad:
    - Foreign policy is all over the place (not as bad as Bush but that's not exactly difficult).
    - Obamacare has resulted in the cost of healthcare skyrocketing for the middle class.
    - Government still spends too much money and corporation tax is still too high. Failed to deal with the debt.
    - Gun control had resulted in more people buying guns and will barely stop any gun-related crimes

Overall bad imo.
    Pretty much this lol

He has a very statesmanlike manner and he has brought some level of sanity to the US on certain issues, such as gay-marriage, don't ask don't tell etc (although gay rights is a hard thing to **** up unless you're a hardcore Christian bigot) and drug laws.

The guy is a total joke when it comes to the hard stuff, his flipflopping on guns has lead to paranoid right-wingers buying even more guns.

Then he was all, 'I love Muslims, better expand the drone policy'

Then there was that stuff which went down in Libya where Qaddafi was removed and he claiming it was a great success, only for the American embassy to be stormed and his diplomat was killed in an extremely brutal way, by the people he was claiming were friendly, democratic liberals and now Islamic State have expanded into that region.

He was against Assad, created a red line which Assad broke only for him to fail to back up his warnings and remove Assad. His failure to act on Assad probably did contribute to the rise of Islamic State, but given that Islamic state represents more of a threat to the west than Assad and the fact they're enemies he was pretty much clueless as to how to deal with the situation, 'Do we attack? Is Assad on our side now? Hey are those the weapons we gave the so called FSA they're using? I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg'

People only like him because he's half Black, it's pathetic, Clinton will be just as bad and people will vote for her just because she's a woman and it massages their liberal fee-fees, rather than because she has any level of competence or moral integrity.

ReputationRep:
    Obama has dragged the West into yet more wars that we have no business being involved in. He has helped to facilitate the rise of ISIS by destabilising countries like Syria and Libya by stoking civil unrest and funding and arming rebel groups in those regions. He has killed thousands of innocent civilians with illegal drone strikes across the Middle East. He has directly violated the US constitution by allowing mass surveillence to be carried out on Americans, to name just a few misdeeds.

He get's **** done alright. Just a shame it's generally the wrong kind of ****. If he really is the best president America can offer then I truly fear for the future of your nation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.