We're-all-mad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I am thinking of studying in Australia next year but I'm still unsure of how everything works. I have completed studies in the UK but have a citizenship for Australia because of my family. Does anyone have advice on what I should be doing?
Thanks.
lizbrown_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I'm actually an Australian student planning on going to uni in the UK this year, so I should be able to help! First, I'd recommend figuring out where in Australia you want to study (which state / city) as each state has different equivalents of UCAS and basically completely different schooling systems. New South Wales and the ACT have UAC as their application organisation and Victoria has VTAC, but other than that I'm not really sure! So the first step would be looking on the relevant website(s) at the universities and courses on offer to see which ones you're interested in. I think that's all that I can really say at the moment but if you have any more information you can give me (where you want to study / what kind of degree you're interested in) then I'd be happy to give you more advice on the Australian system!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ACIT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi We're All Mad!

Here are a few things to consider:

Where would you like to live in Australia?

The Gold Coast of Queensland was voted as the best international student study destination in 2016!

Read more here:
QS Top Universities report

You should also consider how you are going to finance your studies.

Read more here:
Funding provided by the Australian Government.

There is also a Certificate III program available in some states including Queensland, completely funded by the Government.

Read more here:
Queensland Government Certificate III Guarantee

Give this serious thought before spending your own money!
I'd be happy answer any more questions that you may have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.14%
Excited but a bit nervous (120)
45.8%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.98%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.08%

Watched Threads