Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bristol vs Nottingham for FO roles watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR,

I currently have offers for Economics from both Bristol and Economics and after my rejections from Cambridge, Warwick and LSE I did not manage to get into a top 6 School unfortunately.

So from Bristol and Nottingham which one would be better for landing FO roles or would they give me the same chance, also I would not mind hearing which one is better for economics in general.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Both Nottingham and Bristol are semi-targets and very good universities after the top 6 to get into FO.

For Economics they are probably in the same Tier.

ReputationRep:
    Won't make a difference mate they are both around the same for Economics and will give you a decent chance to land a FO role, though the numbers they send are maybe not as impressive as the numbers from lets say LSE or Warwick they will definitely provide you with a chance given you put the work in.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the exact same situation as you and I ended up chosing Bristol because my friends went there haha and its a good University and decent for Finance roles, if you are willing to work hard you will get interviews and from there its all down to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themainman10)
    Hello TSR,

I currently have offers for Economics from both Bristol and Economics and after my rejections from Cambridge, Warwick and LSE I did not manage to get into a top 6 School unfortunately.

So from Bristol and Nottingham which one would be better for landing FO roles or would they give me the same chance, also I would not mind hearing which one is better for economics in general.

Thank you
    Bristol is superior to Notts for banking.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.