The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

push and pull factors of urbanisation and counter urbanisation could come up
Original post by emilyp2206
I think this will come up but in terms of socioeconomic and the differences in social welfare

What do you mean by terms of socioeconomic ?
Original post by lucytoo288

How it affected the people economically, at least thats what my teacher taught us
Could someone please tell me everything I need to know for the transmigration case study thanks!
[QUOTE="issydw4;64850013"]
Original post by Emma9991

I was struggling with that too - but i just noticed it came up in like 2013, so hopefully it shouldnt com eup anyway! the mark scheme said things about pressure on services resources etc but im still confused too! sorry x

Yeah most people seem to be, thanks though! X
does anyone have any information or resources on deserts?
likelihood of a soft engineering 15 marker coming up for rivers?
Original post by JamesRobinson97
likelihood of a soft engineering 15 marker coming up for rivers?

I think that the 15 marker is most likely to be on flooding as it has not come up in a while. The two case studies that I am doing are Boscastle (2004) and Bangladesh (1998). Good luck!
Original post by Abigailj99
Could someone please tell me everything I need to know for the transmigration case study thanks!

This website has good information about the case study:
https://geographyas.info/health-issues/transnational-corporations/

This topic came up last year as a 15 marker so don't be too stressed about it.
Good luck!
Original post by lucytoo288

right, socioeconomic relates to social and economic factors of the area, the ones to use are typically schools, housing prices, proffessions, qualifications, wages etc.

Save crimes, ethnicity (for segregation), type of housing for social welfare. This is probably going to come up, my teachers been drilling us on this stuff. Know your settlement case studies inside out, rather than urban/rural specifically id say, theyve come up before
Original post by Scienceaqa
I think that the 15 marker is most likely to be on flooding as it has not come up in a while. The two case studies that I am doing are Boscastle (2004) and Bangladesh (1998). Good luck!

Do you recon it will be causes and impacts of the flood or could it be a responses question as i've never seen one of those before?
There were no case studies last year for cold environments and rivers so may come up for the 15 markers (hopefully as I have them in the bag haha)
Do you recon it will be causes and impacts of the flood or could it be a responses question as i've never seen one of those before?

I would have thought that it is more likely to be causes or impacts! Although be careful when talking about tge effects of those two casestudies as boscastle was a flash flood and bangledesh was not.

Tbh, Im not entirely sure. It's best to go over it and learn some points on each. :smile:
If anyone wants any last minute revision recources this may help, these videos helped me. There are only for cold environments, rivers, population and energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQOEQtWNZ8&list=PLPyIFM6OV7iug6YWAjXNjvsbCj9o7kkEC

and then this
http://www.coolgeography.co.uk/A-level/AQA/Year%2012/Rivers_Floods/Flooding/Bangladesh/Bangladesh.htm
cold environments, food supply, population and rivers
Please can someone tell me about Indonesia and if there are any other alternative case studies?!
Okay so for Energy, I'm using the CGP case studies...
For a question on energy mix, could we talk about Norway and Chad (seen in the CGP books), because although it's more energy management there's still a bit about their energy mix... Or would we have to use UK and France, or UK and China for a question on energy mix...
Can someone give me a detailed explanation of how entrenched meanders are formed?
Please can someone tell me about Indonesia and if there are any other alternative case studies?!

I did learn about transmigration but I'm using Poland to UK as a migration case study.

this may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuR8XjuobtM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending