Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abigailj99)
    Please can someone tell me about Indonesia and if there are any other alternative case studies?!
    this may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuR8XjuobtM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyfrance)
    Okay so for Energy, I'm using the CGP case studies...
    For a question on energy mix, could we talk about Norway and Chad (seen in the CGP books), because although it's more energy management there's still a bit about their energy mix... Or would we have to use UK and France, or UK and China for a question on energy mix...
    I was told that we need to know the energy mix for 3 different countries. I learnt france (mainly nuclear) uk (gas and other dossil fuels) and iceland ( hydroelectric power)

ReputationRep:
    Just been looking at last years grade boundaries for Geog 1 and for an A it's only 66/120?!! Think it was like 59 for a B..
    So just to give hope to anyone all you need for a B is like 15/30ish on each question. So hope this year they remain similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_a_supernova)
    Can someone give me a detailed explanation of how entrenched meanders are formed?
    (I'm guessing you mean a form incised meanders?)

They form as a result of rejuvenation, as when the base level drops the graded profile creates a "knickpoint" to try and achieve a smooth, concave graded profile. This creates an increase of gravitational potential energy and vertical erosion, not necessarily in the upper course. This increased vertical erosion creates a downcutting effect on meanders and causes them to become deeper rather than wider. Entrenched meanders are very deep and not very wide, due to a lot of vertical erosion and very little lateral erosion, whereas ingrown meanders are slightly deep but wider, as a result of less vertical erosion and slightly more lateral erosion, as the rejuvenation occurs at a slower pace.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I did olearn about transmigration but I'm using Poland to UK as a migration case study.
    I learnt poland to uk but i others are making me question whether that is enough!!! Any help would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (I'm guessing you mean a form incised meanders?)

They form as a result of rejuvenation, as when the base level drops the graded profile creates a "knickpoint" to try and achieve a smooth, concave graded profile. This creates an increase of gravitational potential energy and vertical erosion, not necessarily in the upper course. This increased vertical erosion creates a downcutting effect on meanders and causes them to become deeper rather than wider. Entrenched meanders are very deep and not very wide, due to a lot of vertical erosion and very little lateral erosion, whereas ingrown meanders are slightly deep but wider, as a result of less vertical erosion and slightly more lateral erosion, as the rejuvenation occurs at a slower pace.

Hope this helps
    I was looking through past papers and I had noticed entrenched meanders haven't been mentioned but incised meanders has been mentioned .Thank you so much, good luck for geog 1 tomoro

ReputationRep:
    I learnt poland to uk but i others are making me question whether that is enough!!! Any help would be appreciated!
    This video is about transmigration and includes information on Indonesia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuR8XjuobtM

ReputationRep:
    I also did Mexico to USA, but we didnt cover much on it. However there are good videos on YT if you want to do a bit of last min revision.

ReputationRep:
    It's not in the AQA specification or subject content to know one let alone multiple migration case studies. Of course they may be questions on migration, and it's useful to back up your facts with statistics (so in a way, the more case studies, the better), but they'll be no questions asking for two case studies of migration.

ReputationRep:
    It's not in the AQA specification or subject content to know one let alone multiple migration case studies. Of course they may be questions on migration, and it's useful to back up your facts with statistics (so in a way, the more case studies, the better), but they'll be no questions asking for two case studies of migration.
    Ok thanks i really hope it doesnt come up! Chinas one child policy would be perfect👌🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harljade)
    Our Sixth Form have predicted Fluvio-Glacial OR Antarctica for the 15 Marker (Cold Environments)
    They have the pre-release paper for y13 Unit 4B issue evaluation and it's on fracking - the have noticed a common pattern between y13 papers and y12 papers so they think there could be some mention of fracking in Energy Section (They are aware its not on the spec but that means nothing when it comes to exam boards)
    They think the Population 15 marker could be population indicators??
    And 15 Marker for Rivers, their bets are on Rejuvenation.

Hope this helps anyone
    what do you mean by 'population indicators?'

ReputationRep:
    I hope it stays the same getting 15/30 isnt difficult. But last year paper had some difficult 15 markers and difficult 5 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stresssss anyone got anything or predictions for cold enviroments? It's so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshnewbs)
    Stresssss anyone got anything or predictions for cold enviroments? It's so hard
    Fluvioglacial and Erosional features may be included in short answers ( Moraines and Peri were on last year) 15 marker may be on Antartica or Tundra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colback98)
    what do you mean by 'population indicators?'
    Death rate, birth rate, infant mortality rate etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hot desert predictions please,It's so hard

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any food supply predictions?

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for food supply???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheren523)
    Hot desert predictions please,It's so hard
    mechanical and chemical weathering haven't come up in a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesRobinson97)
    mechanical and chemical weathering haven't come up in a while
    could you write 15 marks on that though? there's nothing for chemical and just four for mechanical...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.