The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

better life expectancy means better healthcare, sanitation etc whuch shows more development.

lower density shows bigger houses so more developed i ssid it was bad vecause a countrry can be rural or underpopulated
I thought that the 15 markers were the best questions, but that 7 marker just on river terraces was challenging, and the malnutrition and the mass movement questions:frown: fingers crossed i've not failed
Original post by jack_wild7
What did people write about for when talking about the usefulness of the two population measures from the graph? I think they were life expectancy and population density??

Oh dam I did wealth and population density and compared it to life expectancy as proof of development :/ ****
Original post by William Housden
I spoke about how life expectancy gives a better indicator of level of development. What did you speak about?

I said how life expectancy is better because it indicates how good health care is etc...
but i said pop density wasn't that good as high density could indicate a well off urbanised area but could also represent a poor area of large shanty towns and so it doesn't tell us the whether its good or bad
Reply 424
Original post by William Housden
I spoke about how life expectancy gives a better indicator of level of development. What did you speak about?
ergh i spoke about life expectancy and wealth:frown:
Hoping for unofficial mark scheme to be posted !
Reply 426
73% for an A?
68% for B?
62-65% for C maybe?
Original post by jack_wild7
What did people write about for when talking about the usefulness of the two population measures from the graph? I think they were life expectancy and population density??

higher life expectancy shows better healthcare and sanitation etc

lower density shows bigger houses and less overcrowding such as india but density can be not useful coz underpopulation or a rural area
Reply 428
That mudslide question and 15 marker for energy was horrible :frown: took me 5 minutes to understand the question :/
67/120 for ab A
Wrote about the Japan tsunami for the river 15 marker didn't I:awesome:
Original post by PeaceyBoy
Wrote about the Japan tsunami for the river 15 marker didn't I:awesome:

Mate I did the exact same last year
Wtf was that food supply question?

Where was ageing vs youthful population??? Lmao So happy I got some of the rejuvenation one right.

Cold environment and rivers 15 markers were a blessing however
What the hell was that exam
what did you lot write about in the fuel wood question?
Anyone else think those questions were really vague? Especially the 15s?
What did people write for the 15 in cold climates about Antarctica ?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lewisjohnson123
Mate I did the exact same last year

Haha was buzzing as well, walked out thinking Id got like 12/13 marks, now max I can get is 8
Original post by Lewisjohnson123
Oh dam I did wealth and population density and compared it to life expectancy as proof of development :/ ****

I did that exact thing and only realised we were supposed to use population with a minute to go 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
overall that actually went alright.. apart from the coasts landslide question and formation of a stack I messed that up big timeeee
Original post by Jeri-mah
what did you lot write about in the fuel wood question?

That deforestation causes soil erosion and desertification and also that it stops oxygen being released and if it is not managed correctly is is not renewable. Hope that is right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending