Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What did people write about for when talking about the usefulness of the two population measures from the graph? I think they were life expectancy and population density??

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_wild7)
    What did people write about for when talking about the usefulness of the two population measures from the graph? I think they were life expectancy and population density??
    I did the same

ReputationRep:
    better life expectancy means better healthcare, sanitation etc whuch shows more development.

lower density shows bigger houses so more developed i ssid it was bad vecause a countrry can be rural or underpopulated

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the 15 markers were the best questions, but that 7 marker just on river terraces was challenging, and the malnutrition and the mass movement questions fingers crossed i've not failed

ReputationRep:
    Oh dam I did wealth and population density and compared it to life expectancy as proof of development :/ ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Housden)
    I spoke about how life expectancy gives a better indicator of level of development. What did you speak about?
    I said how life expectancy is better because it indicates how good health care is etc...
    but i said pop density wasn't that good as high density could indicate a well off urbanised area but could also represent a poor area of large shanty towns and so it doesn't tell us the whether its good or bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Housden)
    I spoke about how life expectancy gives a better indicator of level of development. What did you speak about?
    ergh i spoke about life expectancy and wealth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majed98)
    Yeah and the energy 15 marker too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    completely agree

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for unofficial mark scheme to be posted !

ReputationRep:
    73% for an A?
    68% for B?
    62-65% for C maybe?

ReputationRep:
    higher life expectancy shows better healthcare and sanitation etc

lower density shows bigger houses and less overcrowding such as india but density can be not useful coz underpopulation or a rural area

ReputationRep:
    That mudslide question and 15 marker for energy was horrible took me 5 minutes to understand the question :/

ReputationRep:
    67/120 for ab A

ReputationRep:
    Wrote about the Japan tsunami for the river 15 marker didn't I:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I said how life expectancy is better because it indicates how good health care is etc...
    but i said pop density wasn't that good as high density could indicate a well off urbanised area but could also represent a poor area of large shanty towns and so it doesn't tell us the whether its good or bad
    I said how life expectancy was a much better indicator than population density

It said using the figures so i said that population density wasn't a good indicator because there was no clear correlation in wealth rank and population density

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeaceyBoy)
    Wrote about the Japan tsunami for the river 15 marker didn't I:awesome:
    Mate I did the exact same last year

ReputationRep:
    Wtf was that food supply question?

Where was ageing vs youthful population??? Lmao So happy I got some of the rejuvenation one right.

Cold environment and rivers 15 markers were a blessing however

ReputationRep:
    What the hell was that exam

ReputationRep:
    what did you lot write about in the fuel wood question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.