Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The exam went badly

River rejuvenation just had to come up, pretty sure we haven't covered the population 15 marker and I think I completely misunderstood the energy one....

Was it waterfalls and potholes in the first question for rivers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algerianmami)
    Yeah it was. Did you mention rotational landslides? I think that was what one of the diagrams was showing, not sure tho :/

Also, what did you annotate on ur sketch of a stack?
    yeah man, the second one was rotational i think.

for stack i annotated the hard and soft rock, it being close to the cliff, it tilting to one side - idk if that was right tho it looked it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmalou193)
    Anyone else think those questions were really vague? Especially the 15s?
    What did people write for the 15 in cold climates about Antarctica ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote about IAATO and protecting the sites, showing no sign of wear, fishing but I don't know if that fit in since I couldn't think of a lot and I wrote about the ban on mining and drilling? I hope it was that

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I thought I had done really well and then came out of the exam and realised that for the coasts section I wrote about river management for 15 marks not coasts so im really upset.

(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    The exam went badly

River rejuvenation just had to come up, pretty sure we haven't covered the population 15 marker and I think I completely misunderstood the energy one....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonnieLeigh)
    omg lol i drew the cave, arch, stack stump in the box! silly me. also what did people write about the river terraces and rejuvenation. and the food supply 15 marker
    I did the same thing but I drew an arrow towards the stack and still labelled it so should be okay

ReputationRep:
    Questions:

Rivers
    Describe the landforms resulting from fluvioerosion [4 marks]
    Explain the formation of Waterfalls [4marks]
    Explain how rejuvenation helps in the formation of river terraces [7 marks]
    Discuss, using two case studies how flooding has impacted two places ofcontrasting levels of development [15 marks]

Cold Environments
    Give evidence from the photo that frostshattering is a process affecting this glacier (The Rockies) [3 marks]
    Explain how frost shattering is useful increating fluvio glacial landforms [4 marks]
    Some BS about a drainage graph; before during and after glaciation [3 marks]
    Explain the formation of meltwater channels[5 marks]
    ‘Antarctica is the last fragile wilderness’Discuss issues associated with it’s use [15 marks]

Population
    Analyse the life expectancy data against wealth. [3 marks]
    Discuss the relative usefulness of two pop indicators of development (pop density and life expectancy) [5 marks]
    Examine the pop pyramid for Uganda in 2014 and if it continue to progress through the demographic transition, how will itbe affected. [7 marks]
    Social Welfare Debate [15 marks]

Energy
    Describe the trend of fracking distribution[3 marks]
    Read Figure 11 and explain how fracking could be used to provide a reliable, clean and economic source of energy. [7marks]
    Explain the environmental impacts fuelwood gathering [5 marks]
    Explain how energy could be made to be supplied and consumed sustainably. [15 marks]

ReputationRep:
    The exam went badly

Yeah, I wrote about waterfalls and potholes too, I mentioned Rapids as there was a lot of white water showing turbulence

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did waterfalls, potholes and rapids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairlyemily)
    I reckon that it'll be about 75/120 for an A as that's the highest it's been for the past 5 years and the paper wasnt too difficult (i found it quite hard :/)
    I really don't think it'll be that high..... I know a lot of people I've spoken too thought it was quite difficult .... So if everyone's done pretty naff they'll lower the boundaries....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebex1)
    Don't worry I thought I had done really well and then came out of the exam and realised that for the coasts section I wrote about river management for 15 marks not coasts so im really upset.
    Haha I did exactly the opposite writing about the Japan tsunami in the river 15 marker, ah well

ReputationRep:
    How is a meltwater channel formed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonnieLeigh)
    omg lol i drew the cave, arch, stack stump in the box! silly me. also what did people write about the river terraces and rejuvenation. and the food supply 15 marker

For food supply I wrote about arable, pastoral and mixed farming- saying that agricultural production systems can be classified depending on what is being grown. Then that this can happen in diff ways i.e intensive and extensive. Then I mentioned that they can be classified on the purpose of the agricultural production for example: commercial farming for TNCs, subsistence farming etc... And gave examples of each type. Idk if this is what the question was asking for or not but yh :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algerianmami)
    For food supply I wrote about arable, pastoral and mixed farming- saying that agricultural production systems can be classified depending on what is being grown. Then that this can happen in diff ways i.e intensive and extensive. Then I mentioned that they can be classified on the purpose of the agricultural production for example: commercial farming for TNCs, subsistence farming etc... And gave examples of each type. Idk if this is what the question was asking for or not but yh :confused:
    ah that sounds good, i did extensive and intensive and did a detailed example for both,

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm just guessing tbh, all we can do is wait for results day now!🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was actually pretty good - everything I'd revised. Except energy issues and a little bit of cold climates - but population and rivers was exactly as predicted and couldn't have gone much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_wild7)
    Can Someone produce a Unofficial mark scheme???

What did people put for the question about frost shattering and meltwater channels?

What did people put for the question about malnutrition?

What did people put for the question about the global concern about ebola??

overall thought it was a good paper, i just had to rush the last 7 and 15 marker....
    I messed up frost shattering :'( I wrote about plucking,
    Meltwater channels was the formation - water flows out of glacier and gets stopped by blockage so it carves out gorge and flows through adjacent valley
    Malnutrition - I wrote about Ethiopia famine?
    Ebola - global concern because it went outside national boundaries, was fatal, affected Africa, Europe and USA and declared as epidemic by WHO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmalou193)
    I really don't think it'll be that high..... I know a lot of people I've spoken too thought it was quite difficult .... So if everyone's done pretty naff they'll lower the boundaries....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so, my geography teacher was saying that they may raise them to show that we didn't do well so that when they move to the new specification and have low grade boundaries, it will look like they made the right decision because the results will look better

Might be wrong though

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about rapids and potholes, i think you you can write 2 and still get 4 marks as usualky its 2x2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laaz123)
    i wrote about rapids and potholes, i think you you can write 2 and still get 4 marks as usualky its 2x2.
    You didn't have to write about 4, I wrote the same as you

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, my geography teacher was saying that they may raise them to show that we didn't do well so that when they move to the new specification and have low grade boundaries, it will look like they made the right decision because the results will look better

Might be wrong though
    They usually raise the grade boundaries is the whole cohort did really well reflecting the easy paper in higher gbs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.