Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That's my geography qualification down the drain.
    I struggled on the 15 marker for population since I didn't even know what social welfare was, river terraces was horrible and mass movement in coasts was just... no...

And because I spent so long stuck on the first 3 sections I had no time for health,,,,,,

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Am I the only one who spoke about medcs in the malnutrition 7 marks questions?? Did it say specifically speak about ledcs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No but how could you link it to MEDC's

ReputationRep:
    For the energy 15 marker, I did a small bit about managing energy demand with loft insulation and double glazing, a bit on renewables for energy supply and then a load of waffle. What were you meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Am I the only one who spoke about medcs in the malnutrition 7 marks questions?? Did it say specifically speak about ledcs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you say?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just one examiner marking the whole schools geography papers or is ti different examiners for different questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewisjohnson123)
    Meh, didn't like the river terrace or mass movement questions
    I agree, how does mass movement effect coastal landforms?? don't remember being taught that!

ReputationRep:
    for social welfare implications, i wrote about different implications for each place, is that okay? also i wrote about bungalows and congestion and no young people there in the village. in urban i wrote about weak education system and unqble to commute to work as low percentage of people own cars so increase ppl on benefits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandamind)
    For the energy 15 marker, I did a small bit about managing energy demand with loft insulation and double glazing, a bit on renewables for energy supply and then a load of waffle. What were you meant to do?
    I just did a paragraph about being sustainable then I briefly talked about HEP power which effective and then I talked about how houses could be made sustainable for energy demand and consumption as it stated that in the question; loft insulation, double gazed windows and turning things off when not in use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did both - famine and obesity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jfkt1205)
    I don't know, I thought malnutrition meant when your diet isn't balanced, so if u consume too many calories you are still malnourished, I'm really scared I have messed up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    I just did a paragraph about being sustainable then I briefly talked about HEP power which effective and then I talked about how houses could be made sustainable for energy demand and consumption as it stated that in the question; loft insulation, double gazed windows and turning things off when not in use.
    Relieved because that sounds sort of similar to mine

ReputationRep:
    Oh how did u compare malnutrition in ledcs and in medcs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    obesity and malnutrition, we were taught that they are -over-nourished in fat and sugar and malnourished in the 'healthy stuff'... i think...

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it's the body being deprived of food - explaining the linkage to famine etc

(Original post by JLAG1)
    obesity and malnutrition, we were taught that they are -over-nourished in fat and sugar and malnourished in the 'healthy stuff'... i think...

ReputationRep:
    Right... for the Social Welfare 15 mark question, I wrote about Brazilian Favelas and compared them to the UK and how our healthcare is much greater and how we have better housing and education rather than in slums with poor sanitation and houses made out of scrap metal etc. I tried to compare a slum to a MEDC as I felt that the rest of the population paper radiated from the development of countries... Did I just grab the wrong end of the stick? The lower band is 1-6 out of 15 so I should at least get some marks for something, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    I don't know, I thought malnutrition meant when your diet isn't balanced, so if u consume too many calories you are still malnourished, I'm really scared I have messed up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You haven't messed up, don't fret; that's correct! Malnutrition is essentially poor nutrition so a diet with a lot of saturated fats but little fruit counts as malnutrition.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it's the body being deprived of food - explaining the linkage to famine etc
    yeah, just an unbalanced diet or lack of food

ReputationRep:
    Malnutrition= lack of proper nutrition, caused by not having enough to eat, not eating enough of the right things, or being unable to use the food that one does eat.

ReputationRep:
    Malnutrition is a lack of proper nutrition, caused by not having enough to eat or not enough of the right things. MEDCs are a perfectly acceptable answer as long as you explain that people have access to unhealthy foods with little nutrients so they can still be malnourished. There are actually studies to suggest that malnourishment is more of an issue in MEDCs than LEDCs because it's a well known fact that people in poorer countries may not eat enough to get all the nutrients they need but few people realise that you can be obese and malnourished.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.