Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thomas Yau sucks eggs

ReputationRep:
    Just read an article that the grade boundaries are going to be made higher for as geography, lucky I got full marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieren maddock)
    Just read an article that the grade boundaries are going to be made higher for as geography, lucky I got full marks...
    whats the article????

ReputationRep:
    i talked about a sea wall being built around the maldvies for the coasts 15 marker, is this ok?

ReputationRep:
    For the first question on rivers, for some stupid reason I decided to explain formation as well as describe will I get marked down for that???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFK537)
    For the first question on rivers, for some stupid reason I decided to explain formation as well as describe will I get marked down for that???
    As long as you described it, you'll get the marks. They usually ignore any irrelevant stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering coastal management strategies can be hard engineering right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillA00)
    I think they were looking for Shoreline Management Plans... so hold the line, advance and so on.

Hard engineering (if there is some at your area of study) should get you some marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    I'm sorta worried as I finished with 30 mins left, I did answer everything I just now hope I had the detail :/
    How the hell did you finish with 30 mins left? I was working right up to the bell! :O

ReputationRep:
    GEOG2 will be based on rivers. It's been population for last 2 years. I'd revise water budget, Hjulström curve and hydrographs.

Of course on top of fieldwork study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    I think they were looking for Shoreline Management Plans... so hold the line, advance and so on.

Hard engineering (if there is some at your area of study) should get you some marks!
    i wrote about benefits of it ti the area and not generaljsed points about sea walls etc - did i get it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laaz123)
    i wrote about benefits of it ti the area and not generaljsed points about sea walls etc - did i get it right.
    If you talked sea defences and gave benefits as to what it protects, I think so. I wrote about Hornsea's sea wall, rip rap and groynes protecting 8000 people, road links, historical sites. Bad points i said that south of the defenses get the worst erosion as they're not protected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh233)
    did u write geog1 on paper reference on extra paper
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieren maddock)
    What's the article?

also, how do you know that you got full marks?

ReputationRep:
    yh coz writing general points would get u 7/15

ReputationRep:
    So what're we thinking for unit 2?? Rivers??

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about Japan and gamiba for the 15 marker as i misunderstood. However i still wrote about social implications. Do you think i would of got some marks? Other people in my class did this too! Really quite worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    GEOG2 will be based on rivers. It's been population for last 2 years. I'd revise water budget, Hjulström curve and hydrographs.

Of course on top of fieldwork study.
    Are you sure it's rivers ?? So rivers, triangular graph or spearman's rank ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the special one_)
    you need to write about areas of hard engineering as that protects the coast the best and has more impact on people's lives as they are saved, best study was to talk about holderness where there are loads of options scattered over the coastline
    Soft or hard engineering (choose casestudy of your choice )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillA00)
    Yeah can be hard or soft I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.