AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    if anyone wants last years paper 43/50, i can send you my paper
    yes please !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppy_riley)
    is it likely that spearmans rank will come up??
    I doubt it; has been SR for last 2 years. Still revise though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Highly unlikely to have to draw. It will probably be interpret. I'm saying water budget, Hjulström or Hydrograph!
    Great, thank you! That would be nice, I'm glad it's likely to be the physical topic.

ReputationRep:
    Omggg!! That would be great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes please, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it; has been SR for last 2 years. Still revise though!
    Okay great - do you have any predictions for part 1 ? I'm not very good at maths at all so sometimes that part of the paper freaks me out

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a silly question, but does the water budget mean? And what could possibly come up relating to it?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie.Metcalfe)
    Great, thank you! That would be nice, I'm glad it's likely to be the physical topic.
    My pleasure. I'm also happy it is likely to be physical... I suck at the population skills!

ReputationRep:
    whats the types of coasts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Sounds like a silly question, but does the water budget mean? And what could possibly come up relating to it?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This should help. Fairly easy to understand. http://www.alevelgeography.com/water-balance/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the questions likely to come up in the fieldwork section? X

ReputationRep:
    If the question is "describe the geographical theory, concept or idea that formed the basis of your fieldwork investigation"

And my school went to investigate how a rivers velocity changes downstream using Bradshaw's model, how would I answer that question???

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to be able to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a particular graph e.g.proportional symbol maps

ReputationRep:
    Okay great - do you have any predictions for part 1 ? I'm not very good at maths at all so sometimes that part of the paper freaks me out
    I'm pretty useless with maths too! It will probs be rivers, so likely to be water budget, Hydrographs or Hjulström curve. There could also be kite diagrams and triangular graphs!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else seems to have qualitive data for their fieldwork, my class went to a town and evaluated flood defences and did surveys/questionnaires, is this wrong if so what do I do?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty useless with maths too! It will probs be rivers, so likely to be water budget, Hydrographs or Hjulström curve. There could also be kite diagrams and triangular graphs!
    Okay thankyou!! Good luck tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    If the question is "describe the geographical theory, concept or idea that formed the basis of your fieldwork investigation"

And my school went to investigate how a rivers velocity changes downstream using Bradshaw's model, how would I answer that question???
    "The aim of our investigation was to see downstream variation of river X. In particular: velocity, channel width and depth and bedload size. This follows the bradshaw model" and so on...

ReputationRep:
    This should help. Fairly easy to understand. http://www.alevelgeography.com/water-balance/
    Thank you, good luck for tomo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thankyou!! Good luck tomorrow
    No probs! Thanks, and good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Thank you, good luck for tomo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No probs. Thanks and good luck to you too! :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.