Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geographygenius2)
    Right ive seen all the predictions etc but rather be fully prepared.

How could I answer how my enquiry improved my understanding of the topic area? (did bradshaws model and rivers)
    Also if asked about how ict could be used what could i say?

thanks in advance
    im doing the same investigation! we have been advised to comment on the fact that it is difficult to understand the concept over a textbook, its visual to view it first hand etc

ICT - comment on the fact you can draw graphs on edexcel, use it to find out weather forecast, analyse results/present results etc

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, Here is my paper from my mock. Its the 2015 GEOG2. I've got 43/50 for it. Enjoy!
    Ps. TSR wouldn't let me upload it because it's too big so I had to upload it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqr1q3nzxs...GRADE.pdf?dl=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dangerousbros)
    Everyone else seems to have qualitive data for their fieldwork, my class went to a town and evaluated flood defences and did surveys/questionnaires, is this wrong if so what do I do?!
    I'm not sure, but i thought everyone's fieldwork was rivers-based? All i can suggest is going ti see your teacher ASAP tomorrow morning!

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    Hi Guys, Here is my paper from my mock. Its the 2015 GEOG2. I've got 43/50 for it. Enjoy!
    Ps. TSR wouldn't let me upload it because it's too big so I had to upload it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqr1q3nzxs...GRADE.pdf?dl=0
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Does anyone have any resources on kite diagrams?
    I seen they are predicted, and know little about them or about how to draw them! Advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    I'm not sure, but i thought everyone's fieldwork was rivers-based? All i can suggest is going ti see your teacher ASAP tomorrow morning!

Best of luck.
    Yeah, no chance, she's gone to grief a dead family member, we did a land use survey but nothing on the bradshore model or whatever, i've been concerned since the year 13 resiters told us that there field work was completely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiahjohnson)
    im doing the same investigation! we have been advised to comment on the fact that it is difficult to understand the concept over a textbook, its visual to view it first hand etc

ICT - comment on the fact you can draw graphs on edexcel, use it to find out weather forecast, analyse results/present results etc

hope this helps!
    You used excel? We had to use software called QGIS? IDK if this was just us or not... :s

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, no chance, she's gone to grief a dead family member, we did a land use survey but nothing on the bradshore model or whatever, i've been concerned since the year 13 resiters told us that there field work was completely different.
    Have you got another geography teacher? I have 2? Or is there any way of e-mailing her?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I seen they are predicted, and know little about them or about how to draw them! Advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...logyrev5.shtml
    This is good. Pretty much the wider it is = the more there is.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got another geography teacher? I have 2? Or is there any way of e-mailing her?
    I don't think so... Our other teacher was fired earlier in the year, and I only know her school email. Oh no, are we in trouble is what we did wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

https://www.goconqr.com/en/p/793682-...ash_card_decks

Look on here

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so... Our other teacher was fired earlier in the year, and I only know her school email. Oh no, are we in trouble is what we did wrong?
    I don't quite know. My understanding that all fieldwork study was rivers related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EME7)
    A null hypothesis is the hypothesis you try to disprove, so my hypothesis was that the rivers characteristics changed downstream the same way that the Bradshaw Model predicts. My null hypothesis would be that the rivers characteristics don't change downstream like the BSM predicts.
    ohh right.. but it isnt necessary to have a null hypothesis then right? is it fine if i just use hypothesis?

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite know. My understanding that all fieldwork study was rivers related.
    Well, we did it on a river, but our aim (given to us) was "Evaluate how successful the flood defences at location are" so we looked at the flood defences, did questionaires for the locals about them we did a land use survey and that was it.

ReputationRep:
    Your fieldwork can be on anything that your teachers choose, as long as it meets the spec. so what you have done is absolutely fine! Most just choose rivers as it is quite an easy one and theres lots to study and say when answering the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we did it on a river, but our aim (given to us) was "Evaluate how successful the flood defences at location are" so we looked at the flood defences, did questionaires for the locals about them we did a land use survey and that was it.
    I agree with what MeganLittle98 said, but there didn't seem to be much you've done. Did you do the mock?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, one thing for Q2,if i asks about primary data collection, make sure to be detailed. Do simply just say 'Measure width and then divide by 10' but go into the detail as your tutor said. 'Measure the width from bank to bank along the surface of the water with two people stretching the measuring tape across'. which is what is going to get you your marks. I also attach a sample from another assessment we did in school for preparation.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf A GRADE METHODOLOGY.pdf (387.2 KB, 173 views)

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what MeganLittle98 said, but there didn't seem to be much you've done. Did you do the mock?
    I've looked at plenty of past papers, but our geography class has had a crazy year, you wouldn't believe the amount of no teacher/crazy catchup we've had to do.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...logyrev5.shtml
    This is good. Pretty much the wider it is = the more there is.
    Kite diagrams won't come up, they're an A2 thing. It says on the GEOG2 skills spec: line graphs, bar graphs, scatter graphs, pie charts and proportional divided circles, triangular graphs, radial diagrams, logarithmic scales, dispersion diagrams. In addition, to include at A2: kite diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    if anyone wants last years paper 43/50, i can send you my paper
    Can I look at your paper please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.