Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-levels hurt)
    Well the floodplains suggested it was in the lower course yet there was a v shaped valley meaning rejuvenation. Also there where two meanders where one side was a gentle slope and the opposite had an extreme incline.
    Pretty much. I said something like at the beginning of the meander there was a floodplain, suggesting it is in the lower-middle course, then near the forest there was rejuvenation as a result of steep contours.

I've done better than my mock - that's for sure. I got a U in that :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephencurtis)
    Can I get marks for using spearmans rank as my method of presentation?
    No, it's a statistical analysis tool. Scatter graphs were most likely your method of presentation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilightniamh)
    That was fine to put, it was basically just asking the research you did before, so which theory, why you chose it, patterns you expected to see. I did human fieldwork so I said Burgess Model, explained the model, looked at census data and police.uk to gather secondary data which would support my hypothesis about deprivation. Explaining the Bradshaw model would get you marks!!!
    Oh no, have i got this wrong then? I put we researched the area to find good locations and get a cover a wide range of area to get good results, also looked up underlying geology to explain and anomalous results etc

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is an unofficial markscheme for Unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edgar123)
    Does anyone know if there is an unofficial markscheme for Unit 1?
    No there hasnt been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Pretty much. I said something like at the beginning of the meander there was a floodplain, suggesting it is in the lower-middle course, then near the forest there was rejuvenation as a result of steep contours.

I've done better than my mock - that's for sure. I got a U in that :O
    I got a U in my mock too eyy

ReputationRep:
    This is unrelated to the actual question papers, but did these papers count towards our AS only and we do a separate A2 next year (As part of the new A level changes) or are these papers half of our whole A level like it has been the past however many years. I read something about geography is a legacy subject and i'm not sure what that means as I just thought all subjects were on this new basis but after reading some of the comments i'm not so sure.

Any help is appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issydw4)
    Oh no, have i got this wrong then? I put we researched the area to find good locations and get a cover a wide range of area to get good results, also looked up underlying geology to explain and anomalous results etc
    I also talked about researching the characteristics of the area so that we could see if it would be a reliable river etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleggy999)
    I got a U in my mock too eyy
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what about unit 1 mock? I got a D bringing it back to a grand total of an E! :lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    Laurenloops check the spec

ReputationRep:
    Ive ****ed it on Unit 1 completely i should have gone a different order so i didnt do so bad but im retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenloops)
    This is unrelated to the actual question papers, but did these papers count towards our AS only and we do a separate A2 next year (As part of the new A level changes) or are these papers half of our whole A level like it has been the past however many years. I read something about geography is a legacy subject and i'm not sure what that means as I just thought all subjects were on this new basis but after reading some of the comments i'm not so sure.

Any help is appreciated!
    The geog exams you have just done (AS) count towards next years A2 final grade, i think its something like 40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_wild7)
    The geog exams you have just done (AS) count towards next years A2 final grade, i think its something like 40%

and if you are unhappy with either unit 1 or 2 marks you can resit them next year for a higher grade without re-sitting both... Which is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what about unit 1 mock? I got a D bringing it back to a grand total of an E! :lol::lol:
    Nope I got like 23 marks in Physical and Human combined, finished with an U, fixed my game though just before the exams and did a lot of revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleggy999)
    Nope I got like 23 marks in Physical and Human combined, finished with an U, fixed my game though just before the exams and did a lot of revision.
    Same here too man. Hope it works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    Same here too man. Hope it works out for you!
    You too pal

ReputationRep:
    Just for a bit of fun, Hitler reacts to the Geog papers!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbU1AZqoFkY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadeyfletch)
    Just for a bit of fun, Hitler reacts to the Geog papers!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbU1AZqoFkY
    Paper 1 wasn't even that bad??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_wild7)
    High for both papers i think, probably 68-70 for paper 1 and 39 for paper 2 for A
    Really? Personally I don't think they'll be that high for paper 1 - the highest its been is 63 for a paper which I found much easier than that one. Paper two was relatively straight forward - it tends to stay within 30-38 max but i agree that that one will be quite high this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EME7)
    Really? Personally I don't think they'll be that high for paper 1 - the highest its been is 63 for a paper which I found much easier than that one. Paper two was relatively straight forward - uit tends to stay within 30-38 max but i agree that that one will be quite high this year.
    I'm pretty sure the highest it's been is 75 or 77 for an A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.