Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amytse)
    CHD is a disease, like heart disease, its non communicable so it can't be spread by touch or like bodily fluids.
    i wrote about aids is there any chance marks will awarded for any of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnabydewhurst)
    i wrote about aids is there any chance marks will awarded for any of it?
    0!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_wild7)
    0!
    oh dear

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone do out of 200?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologybuddy)
    how did everyone do out of 200?
    I got 180 out of 200. Got 135 for Unit 1 which was an A and only 45 for Unit 2 which was a B. Got an A overall though Suprising I got a B on skills as I found the paper quite easy :/ How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephen109357)
    I got 180 out of 200. Got 135 for Unit 1 which was an A and only 45 for Unit 2 which was a B. Got an A overall though Suprising I got a B on skills as I found the paper quite easy :/ How did you do?
    yeah i got 53 in skills but i thought i would have done better, but i got 140 for GEOG 1 so i guess i'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Got 194/200, 140 on GEOG1 somehow and 54 on GEOG2

ReputationRep:
    Didn't do GEOG1 cause I did it last year but I got 60 in my retake of GEOG2

ReputationRep:
    Got a B overall. Very happy, what I need for uni and a vast improvement from my E grade mock exam lol

ReputationRep:
    does getting 140/140 in unit 1 literally mean you got full marks?? As it says 140 points on my sheet is that the same as marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerlight)
    does getting 140/140 in unit 1 literally mean you got full marks?? As it says 140 points on my sheet is that the same as marks
    it means full UMS which probably isn't the same as raw marks, you can ask your teacher for your raw mark score out of 120

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone planning to retake unit 1 in 2017?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    I am! (As i got a B and wanted am A ) .... what topics inside the paper do you cover?

The only difficult thing is that we don't get any 'resit' lessons so i have to find the time to study for it myself :/

ReputationRep:
    Same here rivers, coasts, population and health! True which is annoying! will just have to start revision earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    I am!!! Somehow completely failed unit 1, but got a C in unit 2?? My topics are Rivers, Cold environments, population change and health. We could always swap notes over the same topics?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a long shot but have a mock tomorrow and guessing it will be this paper. Can anyone remember the wording of the population 15 marker about social welfare? And any food questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Can someone please help me work this out????
    So I got 75/80 GEOG4a an A, 93 on Geog3 like 2 ums from an A Geog2 53/60 so an A
    I'm retaking unit 1 as I flopped it so badly in year 12. Do I still have a chance of getting an A*??? And if so how much roughly do I need to get for an A*???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karatejenny)
    I am!!! Somehow completely failed unit 1, but got a C in unit 2?? My topics are Rivers, Cold environments, population change and health. We could always swap notes over the same topics?
    Omg (( Tbh most of my notes are A3 posters and written notes haha but I'm happy to take pictures of them if anyone wants???
    Also if anyone has made a thread for GEOG 1 old paper for 2017 please send me the link!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Hey guys!
    Can someone please help me work this out????
    So I got 75/80 GEOG4a an A, 93 on Geog3 like 2 ums from an A Geog2 53/60 so an A
    I'm retaking unit 1 as I flopped it so badly in year 12. Do I still have a chance of getting an A*??? And if so how much roughly do I need to get for an A*???
    I was told that you need 90% on both A2 papers as well as already having gotten AA at AS ... hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    I am

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.