Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Omg (( Tbh most of my notes are A3 posters and written notes haha but I'm happy to take pictures of them if anyone wants???
    Also if anyone has made a thread for GEOG 1 old paper for 2017 please send me the link!
    If you could that would be great! I'm making mind maps per topic so I could send you those if you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishakhan)
    Hi guys. So I saw there was no geog thread for AS geog so I made one Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog
    And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:
    Rivers, Floods and Management
    Cold Environments
    Population Change
    Health Issues
    Can I ask if anyone recommends/could give me some info about geography GCSE? Don't know if I should take it or not... (I would be doing AQA)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else resitting this unit? Need to form a study group or something similar, this unit is hard af I got a C last year but a B overall but I need to get an A this year so I'm resitting, would love to know of anyone else resitting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pezisland37)
    Is anyone else resitting this unit? Need to form a study group or something similar, this unit is hard af I got a C last year but a B overall but I need to get an A this year so I'm resitting, would love to know of anyone else resitting
    I'm resitting as well! What topics do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Retaking too got a D on both exams....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    I'm resitting as well! What topics do you do?
    Cold environments, rivers, health and population, should we form another resit thread because that would be more helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Retaking too got a D on both exams....
    Resit buddies lmao but yeah fr I need to get a good grade this year so we should make another thread for resits because this thread is really overcrowded. I've got the 2016 past paper as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just made a new thread for the resit if you wanna join. Sorry for the lowercase title, I did type it all in upper but alas I'm too new to this haha
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post69769928

ReputationRep:

I'm resitting Unit 1 as well! Need an A

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for time management on the unit 1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    30 mins on each section spend 15 mins on 15 marker. basically a mark a minute

(Original post by L1lly)
    Does anyone have any tips for time management on the unit 1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Resitting the exam and doing rivers, coasts, population and health. Anyone got any decent predictions on what might come up (particularly for the 15 markers)?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. I really want an A this year, but i'm finding it sooo hard to revise for Geog1 on top of everything else
    It takes up so much time that I don't have, hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm making a group chat for people resitting unit 1 and unit 2 on WhatsApp.
    If you're interested dm me your phone number to be added. - The main purpose is to share resources.

Thanks,

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm making a group chat for people resitting unit 1 and unit 2 on WhatsApp.
    If you're interested dm me your phone number to be added. - The main purpose is to share resources.

Thanks,

Sam
    Hiya could you please send me the 2016 paper? or pictures of it! Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom1874)
    Resitting the exam and doing rivers, coasts, population and health. Anyone got any decent predictions on what might come up (particularly for the 15 markers)?
    Ayyy im doing the same topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Hiya could you please send me the 2016 paper? or pictures of it! Thanks x
    sure just dm me your email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Ayyy im doing the same topics
    You got any ideas on what might come up? and how much revision have you done for it, if you have?

ReputationRep:
    8107374580 my what'sapp number

ReputationRep:
    I'm so baffled by what I'm actually meant to know for Population, the spec is so vague. It doesn't state that we need to know a case study for a "youthful population", nor is there any such case study in my book, to my knowledge, there are only four case studies, characteristics of rural and urban areas, and two different approaches to managing population? It seems like they just conjure up questions which require case studies while not stating that they're needed in the spec???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.