Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterbuck)
    I'm so baffled by what I'm actually meant to know for Population, the spec is so vague. It doesn't state that we need to know a case study for a "youthful population", nor is there any such case study in my book, to my knowledge, there are only four case studies, characteristics of rural and urban areas, and two different approaches to managing population? It seems like they just conjure up questions which require case studies while not stating that they're needed in the spec???
    I think how youthful/elderly populations impact resources is likely for a 15 marker this year, both haven't came up together since 2010 (Comment on the impact of different population structures on the balance between population and resources). I learnt Uganda for youthful population and Japan for elderly population. Thankfully cant see how migration affects urban/rural areas coming up as it came up in 2014 and 2015, but hard to predict...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom1874)
    I think how youthful/elderly populations impact resources is likely for a 15 marker this year, both haven't came up together since 2010 (Comment on the impact of different population structures on the balance between population and resources). I learnt Uganda for youthful population and Japan for elderly population. Thankfully cant see how migration affects urban/rural areas coming up as it came up in 2014 and 2015, but hard to predict...
    I guess the problem is that they may choose to do something contemporary. I'm using France's code de la famille and China's one child policy, would they be viable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterbuck)
    I guess the problem is that they may choose to do something contemporary. I'm using France's code de la famille and China's one child policy, would they be viable?
    I have Estonia's 'mother's salary' (pro-natalist) and China's 'one child policy' (anti-natalist) for management of population, which also hasn't came up in a while (2013 I think). You can use natalist policies such as the ones you've mentioned as long as you have good knowledge of why they brought in the policy in the first place, so mainly the implications it had on the balance between population and resources.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.