Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is urgent. What should i resit for As maths module Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Urgent guys, dont have enough time, need to tell my teacher today which module to resit for maths. Can only resit two of them for some reason, want to resit 3.

What i got in AS is
    C1 70
    C2 73
    S1 60
    Overall C (203)
    Want to get an A, doing A2 (C3, C4, S2)

Teacher telling me to resit C1 and C2. I am saying i want to resit C1 and S1 as its easier for me to bring up S1 score. He said S1 is harder than C2/C1 statistically speaking. What should i do. Have one more hour.

ReputationRep:
    You need 37 UMS. If you think you can get 90-95 in C1, you can do C2 if you find it easier. However, if you think you will get around the 70 mark in C1, do S1 because you may be able to get the marks you need.

The biggest factor is always going to be which of the two you find easier: you'll probably gain an extra 20 UMS from C1, so you need to think about which paper you'll find easiest to get the extra 17 UMS from.

ReputationRep:
    I will tend to agree with you
    C1 and S1 but generally speaking there is very little difference in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent.T)
    Urgent guys, dont have enough time, need to tell my teacher today which module to resit for maths. Can only resit two of them for some reason, want to resit 3.

What i got in AS is
    C1 70
    C2 73
    S1 60
    Overall C (203)
    Want to get an A, doing A2 (C3, C4, S2)

Teacher telling me to resit C1 and C2. I am saying i want to resit C1 and S1 as its easier for me to bring up S1 score. He said S1 is harder than C2/C1 statistically speaking. What should i do. Have one more hour.
    Resit the lot if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I will tend to agree with you
    C1 and S1 but generally speaking there is very little difference in it.
    I find s1 harder than c3 lol, but I also find s2 impossible compared to c4...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conservationofmass)
    I find s1 harder than c3 lol, but I also find s2 impossible compared to c4...
    people all different

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.