This discussion is closed.
tfkn97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have offers from both Bath and York for Economics and I'm undecided as to which one I should firm. In the league tables Bath is significantly higher than York, however I'm from the north west and unsure about how I would afford train journeys. I really liked York and think the campus is beautiful and it also is asking for AAA (bearing in mind Bath is A*AA which I'm totally not confident on even though I'm predicted those grades). Of course I have the option of firming Bath and putting York as insurance but I'm worried about not getting a place in accommodation in York if I don't end up achieving A*AA.
SOS!
tfkn97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Please reply!!
ericchau
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by tfkn97)
I have offers from both Bath and York for Economics and I'm undecided as to which one I should firm. In the league tables Bath is significantly higher than York, however I'm from the north west and unsure about how I would afford train journeys. I really liked York and think the campus is beautiful and it also is asking for AAA (bearing in mind Bath is A*AA which I'm totally not confident on even though I'm predicted those grades). Of course I have the option of firming Bath and putting York as insurance but I'm worried about not getting a place in accommodation in York if I don't end up achieving A*AA.
SOS!
I think you need to weight the pros and cons of each university to your specific circumstance. Bath ranks higher nationally but York is placed higher on international rankings so I think you can't depend on rankings.

From what I've heard from you, it seems like studying at York would be more convenient for you. It's a wonderful city to live in as well.
.ACS.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The original poster asked this question three years ago. By now they have clearly made a decision. I'm closing the thread. Any further discussion on choosing Bath versus York can be done in a new thread.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.68%
No (245)
76.32%

Watched Threads