Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am afraid with waiting list...........Who can help me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Does anybody know about the waiting list? I am applying for the sixth form. I am Chinese student also I am applying for King's school canterbury(Failed), Bromsgrove school( Waiting List), Ipswich school(Failed), Cheltenham college( No answer), Burgess Hill school for Girls( OFFER). Also I want to apply for the lancing college. What do you think??? Should I will be waiting for the Bromsgrove school, or give up the Burgess Hill offer? Also whatever I am interested in Leweston school and Sherborne school for girls ....
    To be honest, I don't like single sex school also I visited Burgess that I don't like their environment.

Can anybody give me the suggestion??? I am confused now. My parents recommend me to go to Burgess Because other school that I wouldn't get offer and maybe failed directly.

ReputationRep:
    Lancing college is my favorite except King's . I would try it. But just for do I have any chance for the waiting list????
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisevilles)
    Lancing college is my favorite except King's . I would try it. But just for do I have any chance for the waiting list????
    You need to ask the college directly.

Ask how many and what % of people on the waiting list last year got a place.

And ask when you will know either way.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!!!!
    I ask admission today and they arrange me to take the entry exam in half term. I would choose other school in order to ensure.(But Lancing is my favorite again....)

ReputationRep:
    Choose another school in case you aren't given an offer.
    I was rejected from 2 schools and was put on the waiting list for another school (my favourite school) and I got an offer in a week!

However, if you don't like a school, don't accept - there's no point going to a school you don't think you'll like.

ReputationRep:
    I agree the opinion from above floor.
    Actually cause I am in England so that l am able to visit school which I prefer.
    I have heard someone got Bromsgrove's offer in Augest
    Actually that's too late for the international students (we have got CAS, VISA, DEPOSIT too many things to prepare.)
    But if the school is i like it, I think that I need to try
    Now I try to persuade my parents to give up this offer cause I really not interested in this school.
    I will ask to the Bromsgrove school.
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Also may I ask does anybody focus on the top25 college?(Bedford school, St Paul's school, Brighton college, Charterhouse school, Cheltenham college, Clifton college, Dover college, Eton, Harrow, Christ Hospital's college, Lancing college, Malvern St James college, Marlbrough college......something like that???) Actually the top 25 I checked which has strong academic ability!

Does anybody really focus on these thing??? In China, the educational agency highly recommend these school also it's not cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I was fail from cheltenham college. But don't worry about it. I will try Lancing
    Hopefully everything is getting better.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I go to Leweston school in Sherborne and have been there since year ten. I love it here and I full board, its small but has a very unique quality about it. Also We have quite a few girls from Hong Kong and China so there are plenty of girls who speak both Cantonese and Mandarin. The class sizes are small so you get plenty of one on one time with your teachers. If you have any questions about Leweston feel free to ask.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.