Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rowling announces new wizarding schools, and its magical! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, JK has written some background on the other wizarding schools not mentioned in the Harry Potter books.:wizard2:

They kinda make Hogwards sound a bit naff IMO...

https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd like to be part of Mahoutokoro... those robes sound great!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, can't wait for all the fanfiction possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Damn, can't wait for all the fanfiction possibilities.
    Very true! And there's 11 wizarding schools altogether, so there's still some to be announced- so even more opportunities to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    Very true! And there's 11 wizarding schools altogether, so there's still some to be announced- so even more opportunities to come
    I would love for their to be some sort of further learning institution for students, would be interesting to see a 'Hogwarts University' with magical academics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I would love for their to be some sort of further learning institution for students, would be interesting to see a 'Hogwarts University' with magical academics.
    That would be so good! I've always wondered what happens to magical kids from the age of 5-11, do they go to muggle schools? Who teaches them grammar and maths and stuff?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    That would be so good! I've always wondered what happens to magical kids from the age of 5-11, do they go to muggle schools? Who teaches them grammar and maths and stuff?

:confused:
    I'm guessing they went to a Muggle school, the books were probably written or the concept was created back when the 11+ exams were more common.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.