Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What films make you cry? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    well yeah :/ when peter's crying to his dying uncle, and when he has to come home to his aunt afterwards- that ****'s seriously sad. and when spidey has to kill his best friend's dad - I mean, I don't actually think people fully understand that kind of ****. and then you've got the fact that spider man can't get the girl of his dreams (we can all relate to that), well at least not in that film. watching peter fall is really like watching a spider getting washed down the drain.
    I swear he didn't even kill his best friend's dad. He just backflipped out of the way and accidentally caused the guy to impale himself.

Still kinda sad, though.

Still, to this day... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I swear he didn't even kill his best friend's dad. He just backflipped out of the way and accidentally caused the guy to impale himself.

Still kinda sad, though.
    yeah but, he had spider senses - he could have done something about that fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Yeah, this sums up my feelings perfectly. :yep:

The plot summary from Wikipedia is grim

Seita and Setsuko finally decide to leave and move into an abandoned bomb shelter. They release fireflies into the shelter for light. The next day, Setsuko is horrified to find that the insects have all died. She buries them all in a grave, asking why they had to die, and why her mother had to die. What began as a new lease on life grows grim as they run out of rice, forcing Seita to steal from local farmers and loot homes during air raids. When he is caught, he realizes his desperation and takes an increasingly ill Setsuko to a doctor, who informs him that Setsuko is suffering from malnutrition but offers no help. In a panic, Seita withdraws all the money remaining in their mother's bank account, but as he leaves the bank, he becomes distraught when he learns from a nearby crowd that Japan has surrendered unconditionally to the Allied Powers. He also learns that his father, a captain in the Imperial Japanese Navy, is probably dead since nearly all of Japan's navy is now at the bottom of the ocean. He returns to the shelter with a large quantity of food, only to find a dying Setsuko hallucinating. Seita hurries to cook, but she dies soon after. Seita cremates Setsuko's body, and puts her ashes in the fruit tin, which he carries along with his father's photograph, until his death from malnutrition in Sannomiya Station a few weeks later.
    Not least because "Japan" and "word war two" just conjures up nuclear bombs in my brain. :sad:

There always this children horror show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not least because "Japan" and "word war two" just conjures up nuclear bombs in my brain. :sad:
    The impact from firebombing was worse than the nuclear bombings :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The impact from firebombing was worse than the nuclear bombings :sad:
    That country really suffered in WWII

No Wonder they have all this Godzilla stuff when that country has a history of being pummeled by war and natural disaster. No surprise a A lot fo their pop culture is about cities being pummeled into oblivion. :-/

ReputationRep:
    I cried watching the trailer of The Theory of Everything, simply a wonderful movie.

A while back like maybe 4 years ago I remember crying at Marley and Me.

ReputationRep:
    The theory of everything was amazing but yeah... ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I cried watching the trailer of The Theory of Everything, simply a wonderful movie.

A while back like maybe 4 years ago I remember crying at Marley and Me.
    Was saying theory of everything but you just beat me to it

the only movie i have cried, was the last song

ReputationRep:
    Hachi

ReputationRep:
    This didn't really make me feel weepie. It's pretty grim but to be honest it's fairly over the top so towards the end I just thought it was too ridiculous to be emotionally invested....!
    It does seem kinda dramatic, but just the fact of that poor old woman my God.

And when she made this speech it really hit me hard;

jfc I shouldn't have watched it again now I feel sad.

(Original post by Student403)
    Oh yeah. I don't generally connect emotionally with movies but relatively I guess I found the last scene a bit upsetting because I have a little sister myself and I could relate.

It's sad but worth it
    I have 2 younger sisters oh god I'm an emotional monster.

ReputationRep:
    Despite loving 'The Elephant Man,' I avoid watching it because I find it to be so upsetting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The amazing spider-man 2
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I called it
    Although everyone died
    Although the first one was better
    I still cried

ReputationRep:
    The Green Mile Ending...

ReputationRep:
    The fault in our stars :cry:

:heart:

ReputationRep:
    the boy in his striped pajamas...

ReputationRep:
    Titanic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze;6241745l9)
    the first spider man movie
    surely I'm alone here?
    Agreed!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bridges of Madison County
    Castaway
    The Lovely Bones
    Schindlers List
    Blue Valentine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.