Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, which of these two is less stressful if you are working for the top companies in each field respectively? Does either have a greater job satisfaction than the other?

ReputationRep:
    For job satisfaction become a teacher or a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    For job satisfaction become a teacher or a doctor.
    Indeed! (I want to be a teacher )

Both are very stressful jobs...you can't really distinguish, and the job satisfaction depends on yourself, do you crave success? do you like helping others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Both are very stressful jobs...you can't really distinguish, and the job satisfaction depends on yourself, do you crave success? do you like helping others?
    indeed, for job satisfaction only you can answer that question

however, neither of these rank very well by most peoples' job satisfaction criteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Just out of interest, which of these two is less stressful if you are working for the top companies in each field respectively? Does either have a greater job satisfaction than the other?
    i dont know which country yiu are wrining from but in england there is no such proffesion as a lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marabara)
    indeed, for job satisfaction only you can answer that question

however, neither of these rank very well by most peoples' job satisfaction criteria
    also, both jobs are very different, so you should really know which you'd rather go for if you are ranking by job satisfaction!

wouldn't like to be a lawyer though - not only is it stressful, but you'd have to look after dodgy people, or worse than that, at times

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to doa degree in an investment banking @ reading so you can guess my preference.

ReputationRep:
    I'd think being an investment banker for a top ("bulge bracket") organisation would be a lot more stressful than being a solicitor for a top ("magic circle") firm, particularly since the degree of volatility and uncertainty is greater in the former field, and the cost of putting a foot wrong is typically higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmitrij_savicki)
    i dont know which country yiu are wrining from but in england there is no such proffesion as a lawyer.
    In his defence, the term lawyer refers to anyone with expert knowledge in the field of law. As such, it includes both barristers, solicitors, judges and academics. Some go so far as to argue that it includes law students. To say that one may be a lawyer working for a law firm is perfectly acceptable.

EDIT: If one were to be a stickler on this, the words yiu, wrining, england and proffesion are all either spelt incorrectly or are grammatically incorrect. A pedantic point, I know, but so was yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I'd think being an investment banker for a top ("bulge bracket") organisation would be a lot more stressful than being a solicitor for a top ("magic circle") firm, particularly since the degree of volatility and uncertainty is greater in the former field, and the cost of putting a foot wrong is typically higher.
    I concur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    In his defence, the term lawyer refers to anyone with expert knowledge in the field of law. As such, it includes both barristers, solicitors, judges and academics. Some go so far as to argue that it includes law students. To say that one may be a lawyer working for a law firm is perfectly acceptable.

EDIT: If one were to be a stickler on this, the words yiu, wrining, england and proffesion are all either spelt incorrectly or are grammatically incorrect. A pedantic point, I know, but so was yours.
    the feeling of being supported is great! And yes as you said, 'lawyer' is a generalisation of legal academics or barristers or solicitors. In fact, I think that is the case for most countries because, for example, in America solicitors are not called lawyers, but advocates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Why are you interested?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.