Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I'm falling for my best friend.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhh ****.
    well, I'm not going to stomp on your dreams but I've tried this kind of thing twice and it never worked.
    but at the same time I was relieved at losing my very good (or best) female friend(s) because being friends with somebody you want to **** the **** out of is the most frustrating and unfulfilling thing ever

ReputationRep:
    don't do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    my other friend (who's like a sister to me) said that he's trying to make moves on me now because he's leaving soon.
    Translation: Timeline has moved up. No longer can play long game. Implementing more aggressive approach to bang.

Maybe I'm just a douchebag but making a move before leaving only ever means I just want sex. Otherwise, I'd be a douchebag for only making a move before leaving.

ReputationRep:
    tbh my best friend liked me for over five years. i kind of had an idea but i played it down as i didnt want to make things awkward. I regret us being in a relationship bc after we broke up it ruined our friendship and i missed him as a friend especially when i needed him there.

If he's a good friend to you i wouldn't risk it if i was you. he's also moving away so it might now be ideal for you to get into a relationship
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If nothing can happen because of your parents and you don't want to risk doing anything in secret.. Not much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    If nothing can happen because of your parents and you don't want to risk doing anything in secret.. Not much you can do.
    You've joined the dark side ....

ReputationRep:
    If he's leaving soon, it might not be the best time for you two to get into a relationship anyway. You also need to consider how things will change if you do get into a relationship and it doesn't work out for whatever reason - it could ruin a great friendship. Ask yourself if it's worth the risk?

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what I keep asking myself, and I really don't want to risk it. But, just in case he does make a 'move', what do you think I should do?
    My best friend made a move on me the one time and I just said that I didn't see him in that way, he was probably a bit hurt but we're still friends. It's not worth ruining a friendship over a crush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    If he's leaving soon, it might not be the best time for you two to get into a relationship anyway. You also need to consider how things will change if you do get into a relationship and it doesn't work out for whatever reason - it could ruin a great friendship. Ask yourself if it's worth the risk?
    Kiwi :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Dun do it OP. It could get awks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Kiwi :ninja:
    Imperion :ninja:

Thats exactly what I keep asking myself, and I really don't want to risk it. But, just in case he does make a 'move', what do you think I should do?
    If you feel u don't wanna risk it, stick to that decision. If he makes a move, just nicely make it clear you're happy being friends :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.