Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heaven and the physical form Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When you die and go to heaven are you stuck with the same physical body you had on earth? Because I'm ugly and couldn't think of anything worse than being in this body for the rest of eternity. Hopefully God sorts out this mess in the afterlife lol

Interesting to hear the different perspectives from different religions

Edit: let's face it I'm not going to heaven but does the same apply to hell too?

I think you'd be too busy suffering unspeakable pain in hell to care about what your body looks like

(Original post by Boohoomoo)

Edit: let's face it I'm not going to heaven but does the same apply to hell too?

ReputationRep:
    In Islam men and women will be 33. You don't need to worry about if you think you will be 'ugly'. Everyone in Jannah (heaven) will be so happy and content with themselves and everything around them.

Do you think God would create a heaven and let you feel down about yourself and other things there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I think you'd be too busy suffering unspeakable pain in hell to care about what your body looks like
    Fair point

Being ugly in hell will just be the icing on the cake lmao 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boohoomoo)
    When you die and go to heaven are you stuck with the same physical body you had on earth? Because I'm ugly and couldn't think of anything worse than being in this body for the rest of eternity. Hopefully God sorts out this mess in the afterlife lol

Interesting to hear the different perspectives from different religions

Well I'm a Christian so can only go by what the bible tells me.

It says we have earthly bodies and then there are our eternal heavenly, spiritual bodies. Earthly bodies are suitable for our short earthly living but not for an eternal heavenly life.

1 Corinthians 15:53 "For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality"

1 John 3:2 "Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is".

We will have a body like Jesus’ resurrected body.

Whatever sin has brought into our lives like death, decay, illness etc etc, this will be gone because God says our bodies will be completely free from sin. Also, we won't be married but we will recognise one another.

Anyway, to be a Christian isn't to live for what will or will not be in heaven, that is almost a side to living your life now with God in it, and that is what makes life worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    This is what Islam says about paradise-
    (The hadith is pretty self explanatory)

Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When the dwellers of Jannah enter Jannah, an announcer will call: (You have a promise from Allah that) you will live therein and you will never die; you will stay healthy therein and you will never fall ill; you will stay young and you will never become old; you will be under a constant bliss and you will never feel miserable."

[Muslim].

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    This is what Islam says about paradise-
    (The hadith is pretty self explanatory)

Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When the dwellers of Jannah enter Jannah, an announcer will call: (You have a promise from Allah that) you will live therein and you will never die; you will stay healthy therein and you will never fall ill; you will stay young and you will never become old; you will be under a constant bliss and you will never feel miserable."

[Muslim].

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you do in heaven?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    What do you do in heaven?
    Anything you want

ReputationRep:
    Anything you want
    Even things that are considered Haram?

ReputationRep:
    Even things that are considered Haram?
    Those things will be made permissible e.g. drinking wine, but it's not the same type of wine that have in this world, meaning it will not intoxicate us.

ReputationRep:
    Those things will be made permissible e.g. drinking wine, but it's not the same type of wine that have in this world, meaning it will not intoxicate us.
    Pointless then. Homosexuality?

ReputationRep:
    Pointless then. Homosexuality?
    The taste will be much better.
    I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    The taste will be much better.
    I don't know.
    Why would it be any better?

ReputationRep:
    Why would it be any better?
    Because it's paradise.
    You think it's gonna be as bad as it is in this world?

ReputationRep:
    lmao what's the point in drinking then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    lmao what's the point in drinking then?
    I'm sure you find it lovely waking up with hangovers and splitting headaches, but the drinks of paradise do not cause any harm/trouble to humans.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you find it lovely waking up with hangovers and splitting headaches, but the drinks of paradise do not cause any harm/trouble to humans.
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    i have a pretty dank liver, i very rarely get hangovers

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?
    There is a Quranic verse on this which I can share if you want.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    i have a pretty dank liver, i very rarely get hangovers
    Good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.