Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The USA vs. the UK, who is better?. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    ...and earthquakes, woo
    Every once in a while but who cares. We usually have our things earthquake proofed to minimize damage. Meanwhile,the U.K. Barely gets some sunshine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Like Saudi Arabia? Looool....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saudi Arabia and Uncle Sam are best friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    The USA is also home to Donald Trump, so I'll stay with the UK, no matter how drab it is
    ...well what about nick griffin? :| or tony blair?

The UK and USA aren't people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    ...well what about nick griffin? :| or tony blair?
    They're both former politicians, they don't actually have any influence now.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you specifically compare. You can't just say one is better or worse without specifying something.

ReputationRep:
    UK > Has actual history and identity. Unique pretty historical towns/cities. Best laws, world renowned schooling (well, some of them...) free healthcare.

USA> Every city looks the same (skyscrapers, boring sameish shops on every corner...) No history or culture of any sort. Most things have been imported from other countries. No healthcare, angry men who don't want to give up guns, some can be pretty retarded (look some videos up on youtube, if you like)

ReputationRep:
    They're both former politicians, they don't actually have any influence now.
    but you said it was because they *live* here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    UK > Has actual history and identity. Unique pretty historical towns/cities. Best laws, world renowned schooling (well, some of them...) free healthcare.

USA> Every city looks the same (skyscrapers, boring sameish shops on every corner...) No history or culture of any sort. Most things have been imported from other countries. No healthcare, angry men who don't want to give up guns, some can be pretty retarded (look some videos up on youtube, if you like)
    The USA has history...
    Maybe not as long as the UK but still a long and rich one...

Anyone who says the UK us better is simply jealous of the USA...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Saudi Arabia and Uncle Sam are best friends
    That irrelevant to "anything being better than USA".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    but you said it was because they *live* here
    I didn't say 'live' though?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Brits who yearn to move to the US basically think all Americans have lives like those on imported US films/TV/YT channels, and that all of the US is rich and prosperous. In reality, that's not the case.

The UK isn't perfect, but it's not anywhere near as bad as some people like to make out. You need to stop watching so much US media, it gives you a warped impression of the US, and other nations in comparison.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)

The USA has world renowned schooling/education and history. Perhaps there isn't a single over reaching culture for the US but there is different cultures within different regions/areas of the country.'Angry men who don't want to give up guns' is a blanket stereotype. Some UK folk can be stupid too.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say 'live' though?
    you said "home of" - it's the same concept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    Every once in a while but who cares. We usually have our things earthquake proofed to minimize damage. Meanwhile,the U.K. Barely gets some sunshine
    I'll go for the 'boring' weather (at least we get weather...) over natural disasters that threaten to kill the planet, ta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by contactfish)
    The USA has history...
    Maybe not as long as the UK but still a long and rich one...

Anyone who says the UK us better is simply jealous of the USA...

Bahahaha! What?

ReputationRep:
    That irrelevant to "anything being better than USA".
    That's my opinion. You got a problem bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    That's my opinion. You got a problem bro?
    You're so full of bull... Seriously.

I asked you whether you'd consider Saudi Arabia better, you replied with something completely irrelevant and then asked if I have a problem. Someone's brain doesn't seem to be working properly, "bro".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we really comparing a continent to an island? If we take that factor into account, the U.K. Wins by far.

ReputationRep:
    You're so full of bull... Seriously.

I asked you whether you'd consider Saudi Arabia better, you replied with something completely irrelevant and then asked if I have a problem. Someone's brain doesn't seem to be working properly, "bro".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're such a cretin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.