The Student Room Group

The USA vs. the UK, who is better?.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by contactfish
The USA has history...
Maybe not as long as the UK but still a long and rich one...

Anyone who says the UK us better is simply jealous of the USA...

Not really. The only interesting history I've ever found in America is the founding fathers and the war of independence. And that's only 30-40 years. Then it just becomes slavery and segregation.
Britain has 2000 years of interesting history. :wink:

"Anyone who says the UK is simply jealous of the USA..."
Oh, yeah, totally. I think that's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, to be honest.
I can understand Americans... but the English are quite nice.
Original post by JD742
I say none but both are too similar. The USA is considered to be the UK's rebellious child.
None is better due to fact that there is no such thing as community any more due to everyone just living for themselves. Another reason I think this, is because of its responses to ethnic minorities, as the problem is yet to be solved.

haha what..? gotta admit that's a new one :giggle:
Reply 63
Original post by Audrey18
Cameron needs to go. I don't any suitable candidate to replace him.

Nick Griffin?
Even as a foreigner, Britannia all the way! Home of banter, absolute lads, getting lashed, cheeky nandos and so much more.
Ive just been to both Pakistan and North Korea, both of which are billion times better than the US........
Original post by draculaura
Firstly, yes, our politicians can be idiotic sometimes, but we are treated so much better than pretty much 99% of other countries. Free everything, pretty much (if we want.) Healthcare, heck, even housing and money. Not a lot of other countries do all three.

and high taxes. :hi:

No, the reason we only have 'one big city' (which, firstly, isn't true) is because large modern cities tend to be ugly. Britain's cities are so much nicer, and are much more unique and interesting. And the reason they have **bland** skyscrapers everywhere is because everywhere in America is modern. We do not need large boring buildings, because we're already built up with fascinating towns and cities.

...why is modern bad though? why is old good? I love modern cities, but I don't *only* love modern cities. but you seem to be characterising modern cities as necessarily bad and I have no clue why...please don't give me some traditional-culturally-elite self-righteousness about how things should be like the olden days, because *every* generation has those people and it's nothing unique.

"Imported from every country" - yes, everything America has is imported from somwhere or another. I'm not talking about music - and yes, Britain has been influenced by other countries - but we have our own identity. There's nothing distinct about America. The only thing they have going for them is that they make good entertainment (lol)

come on - yes they do. they have the same kind of stereotypes as every other western english speaking country. e.g. british people = limey tea sipping football loving posh toffs. australians = beer drinking beach-going badasses. ireland = green wearing catholic guinness loving jolly people. and america = cowboy uncle sam gun-wielding baseball loving soldier-boys.

In all fairness, USA isn't a bad country - they're quite alright, it's just that Britain is way, way better.

well I don't agree at all - I think the UK is going to the dumps. we're stagnating at a rate that the US isn't.
UK obviously :rolleyes:

TEA TIME :cookie: YAYY

haha, my bias opinion aside, I THINK WE NEED TO END THE FEUD-SEE SOME AMERICANS LIKE US, okay :smile: !! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6678274/An-American-tourist-made-a-list-of-100-quirky-things-about-Britain-and-he-was-incredibly-accurate.html

WE JUST HAVE TO COMBINE OUR AWESOMENESS , SO WE CAN BE BETTER TOGETHER- post 'CHEEYAHZ' (cheers) IF YOU AGREE!! :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Daniellaaa
It's a party in the USA all day every day

I know, its all about Republicans and Democrats.
Original post by contactfish
I think the USA, biggger,richer,cooler...

The UK is a depressing place I think..

East and West Coast of USA are better than UK.

Everywhere else not so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
USA is better for holidays but UK for residency

What makes you say UK is better for residency?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilylf
who gives one about better football divisions ahah

American Football is better than soccer.

Soccer is a pansy man's sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can **** yourself off right over to the US if you prefer it. But don't come crawling back if you get shot or get hit by an American eggball. Richer? $19 trillion debt? Ok
Original post by Ronda Rousey
American Football is better than soccer.

Soccer is a pansy man's sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean football not soccer right? Well in American eggball you wear armour whereas in rugby its just a thin shirt
Reply 74
UK but im a brit so im biased.

USA has all this bravado and bullies everyone, but really its a broken, lonely soul inside.

It's the guy that always seems to be doing well, has all the chicks fawning over him, he's good at everything and everyone respects him, but secretly at home his parents are abusive alcoholics and he's raising his younger siblings, he's on antidepresents, he self harms and his only true friend is a three legged cat that genuinely hates him.
Original post by sandvika
You mean football not soccer right? Well in American eggball you wear armour whereas in rugby its just a thin shirt

The armour is actually what makes AF more interesting than rugby.

The guys are more deadly and take bigger risks because they're protected by armour.
Reply 76
The USA has the best and worst things in the world. The UK is more average.
Original post by Ronda Rousey
The armour is actually what makes AF more interesting than rugby.

The guys are more deadly and take bigger risks because they're protected by armour.

Theres no risk when wearing a huge helmet and 10cms of padding
The UK, the USA looks good but I think there are many underlying features which suggests that it does not function as well as it seems. Also, the UK has the NHS, and control over guns, plus the voting is completely fair, it is not about who has the most amount of money, it is who can win over the population with the most amount of bull!
Original post by Mr...
NHS, no guns and all that jazz

lower taxes, more liberty, and all that jazz...

Quick Reply

Latest