Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a history/TRS student and my dissertation proposal is due in in a couple of weeks. I'm planning on doing Social Work post grad and want to do a dissertation that is somewhat linked to that field; but obviously because of what I study the dissertation has to be linked to either history or religious studies. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas for a subject matter? At my uni we have to approach potential dissertation supervisors with ideas and get their approval before we submit our proposals, but I'm aware that the deadline is getting closer and I'm honestly stumped for ideas. Any suggestions would be great!
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hejoth)
    I'm a history/TRS student and my dissertation proposal is due in in a couple of weeks. I'm planning on doing Social Work post grad and want to do a dissertation that is somewhat linked to that field; but obviously because of what I study the dissertation has to be linked to either history or religious studies. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas for a subject matter? At my uni we have to approach potential dissertation supervisors with ideas and get their approval before we submit our proposals, but I'm aware that the deadline is getting closer and I'm honestly stumped for ideas. Any suggestions would be great!
    Do you have any idea what area you might like at all?

Random things that come to mind, and may not come under your subject(s).

- You could look at changing attitudes to religiosity, and to various faiths, in regard to adoption, fostering and respite care - particularly with regard to mismatches
    - You could look at the role of religious groups in social provision for the elderly
    - You could look at any number of things pertaining to child poverty

This is just what came out of my head in 20 seconds so I'm sure you can do better. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Religious influences in social welfare from X to y period of time.

The role of religious institutions in the emergence of Children's Homes from Poorhouse to modern times. Could do a comparative element with for example, Scandinavian models.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.