The Student Room Group

For all of those who think Pep will get found out in the PL

Scroll to see replies

Wouldn't be too concerned. When Vardy's in this sort of form, he's basically the second coming of Van Basten.
Reply 141
How did John stones go for £50m...
Original post by Gob Bluth
He's still unable to find a side to settle with. When he finds it he will smash it. It's not like he's far off the top really. So easy to be reactive. If he doesn't make top 4 or 75+ points then I'd ask questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guys got a bottomless pit of money and spent £50 million on one defender alone. He should be walking the league with the reputation he has. I always said he was going to get found out in this league even years ago.

He's set his team up with a high backline against a Leicester side with Vardy up top. He's arrogant and think his way is the only pure way to play football and that's reflected in the utterly retarded way his set his team up today.
After every defeat, Guardiola's excuses seem to be recurring. "Second balls, long balls, they defend very well, counter attack"

He needs to find a solution (as he is regarded as someone very intelligent in his football thinking) to coach his side how to overcome these problems yet he will stick to his philosophy and it's a sort of back handed compliment that takes away from Leicester's performance after a hammering in Portugal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I look at Pep and I'm reminded an awful lot of LVG when he first joined us. The tactics and lineups, the performances even when they've won the game haven't been great, big money signings not performing, strange comments in press conferences, an arrogant insistence that his "philosophy" is working.

Van Gaal couldn't adapt, we'll see if Pep can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
To be honest I look at Pep and I'm reminded an awful lot of LVG when he first joined us. The tactics and lineups, the performances even when they've won the game haven't been great, big money signings not performing, strange comments in press conferences, an arrogant insistence that his "philosophy" is working.

Van Gaal couldn't adapt, we'll see if Pep can

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean Vaan Gaal couldn't adapt?

He did a good job just nobody like the boring football we played. Although I have to admit towards the end of his term we did play a few games of cracking football.
Bailly cost £30m Stones cost £50m
Just let that sink in......
Original post by trapking
what do you mean Vaan Gaal couldn't adapt?

He did a good job just nobody like the boring football we played. Although I have to admit towards the end of his term we did play a few games of cracking football.

Yeh all those 0-0s,, losing to just about everyone away (dropped points to 6 of the bottom 7) and bottling a top 4 finish when he only needed a point to qualify was an excellent job wasn't it?
Original post by sr90
Yeh all those 0-0s,, losing to just about everyone away (dropped points to 6 of the bottom 7) and bottling a top 4 finish when he only needed a point to qualify was an excellent job wasn't it?

people give him way too much hate for no reason.

It was because of him we discovered Bothwrick-Jackson, Rashford, Lingard, TFM and Martial.

He set up a solid back bone for the team we are now.
Original post by Dexa
How did John stones go for £50m...

Thats the million pound question or should i say 50 million pound question :biggrin:
Reply 150
@IamJacksContempt is a certified nonce, creating this thread and then recently making a "is Ancelotti a fraud" one.
Reply 151
Original post by Aky786UK
After every defeat, Guardiola's excuses seem to be recurring. "Second balls, long balls, they defend very well, counter attack"

He needs to find a solution (as he is regarded as someone very intelligent in his football thinking) to coach his side how to overcome these problems yet he will stick to his philosophy and it's a sort of back handed compliment that takes away from Leicester's performance after a hammering in Portugal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's Pep in general he's one of those football purists.

I say it again and I say it now, while he did a fantastic job at Barcelona and was responsible for changing their style of play the team were geared to that possession football. It's easier to play out of tight spaces and develop that possession football when every Non Busquets starting midfielder or forward is under 5'9(the teams he had in the Mourinho Madrid years). You have better lateral quickness and acceleration in tighter spaces. At City the team under Mancini was much more industry built in the midfield and there was a big guy in attack next to a pacey option (well at least while Tevez was busy on his golfing trip anyway), you have guys like Yaya, Barry, Dzeko, Garcia and Balotelli for starters.

Although his issue doesn't seem to be breaking teams down as they generally score a lot of goals, I can't help but feel this is an issue. Out of all the managers, Pep is going to need the most change in a team. Now Conte says a good coach adapts to what they have got and then develops the style after seeing the team he's got(Juventus e.g. weren't renown for having scintillating counter attacks like e.g. this Chelsea team does but that's because they didn't have pacey forward players until Tevez and Morata came in) but instead he imposes his style on the players and then makes them adapt.

I think he just needs some young fullbacks. Matter of fact is that he had Alaba, Rafinha, Bernat and Lahm at fullback and had Abidal and Alves at Barcelona. Considering fullbacks are an important part of his style of play he really should have looked to improve them imo.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jam276
@IamJacksContempt is a certified nonce, creating this thread and then recently making a "is Ancelotti a fraud" one.

You're some kind of ******* if you don't think Ancelotti is a fraud lol. Pep's a fraud, but Ancelotti who is doing worse with the same team isn't lololol.
Reply 153
Original post by IamJacksContempt
You're some kind of ******* if you don't think Ancelotti is a fraud lol. Pep's a fraud, but Ancelotti who is doing worse with the same team isn't lololol.

Everyone knows Carlo is a crap league manager though. He'll be judged at the end of the season on his performance in the CL, which is why he was hired anyway.
Original post by jam276
Everyone knows Carlo is a crap league manager though. He'll be judged at the end of the season on his performance in the CL, which is why he was hired anyway.

Exactly, so he's a fraud. Doing a great job in the CL though, finishing second in their group and all... LOL you utter clown.
Reply 155
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Exactly, so he's a fraud. Doing a great job in the CL though, finishing second in their group and all... LOL you utter clown.

Finishing second in their group to the same team that knocked Pep's Bayern out?

Maybe Bayern just aren't as good as Atlético Madrid?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Finishing second in their group to the same team that knocked Pep's Bayern out?

Maybe Bayern just aren't as good as Atlético Madrid?

Well considering Bayern would have topped the group if they hadn't lost against Rostov, you tell me...

Irrelevant either way if he's hired to win the CL.
Meh it's not that Bayern suddenly got crap under Ancelotti, it's that other teams in the Bundesliga are suddenly putting up more of a challenge. The team at the top doesn't influence whether the 2nd-placed team loses to the 2nd-from-bottom team...
They've yet to face RB in the league but when they do I would be surprised if Bayern didn't win
Reply 158
Anyway Bayern are top of the league and have only dropped 8 points out of a possible 42. It's not like they're doing bad.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Dude its not hard to get to the top with a young Messi and Barca squad in a two horse race

Give Mark Hughes that 07/08 Barca squad and he gets to the top. Give Brendan rodgers that 07/08 barca squad, and he gets to the top

Players and money are king, managers have negligible influence

Hi @Diego Costa .. pub pundit remember!?

Quick Reply

Latest