Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Perception of the East of England? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen clunge)
    i live in cambridgeshire

cambridgeshire is not the 'south east'

south east is kent oxford and surrey (etc)

cambridgeshire and suffolk are east of england, simples
    At least we're not the North East I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Answer my question.
    It's not a bad idea if efficient and affordable transport methods are made available to people, it can promote excercise and reduce Norwich's carbon footprint. I can't really comment on the logistical aspect of the plans as i'm unfamiliar with the layout and access routes into the centre. It does seem like it will cause problems for some groups in society though, such as traders and suppliers.

Now answer mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    The Fens are a hotbed of incest, domestic abuse and racism.
    This

Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. I may be moving out East, so prepare for it to get even worse! :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I find that there are a lot of North/South (occasional Midlands) stereotypes about people from each region, but not many for where I live. What is the perception of someone who lives in the east of England, more specifically East Anglia?

Have you heard of us? Do you know we exist?
    I think of it as an extension to either the London area or the Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I think of it as an extension to either the London area or the Midlands.
    We are simply Greater Greater London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis. Is Gay)
    It's not a bad idea if efficient and affordable transport methods are made available to people, it can promote excercise and reduce Norwich's carbon footprint. I can't really comment on the logistical aspect of the plans as i'm unfamiliar with the layout and access routes into the centre. It does seem like it will cause problems for some groups in society though, such as traders and suppliers.

Now answer mine.
    He's a 10/10 poster. A great asset to society and the development of the human species.

How will traders get access to Dixons?

ReputationRep:
    It's a long way by train, as Abellio Greater Anglia and Network Rail are awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Also when it comes to the North/South divide? Can we East Anglians join the South or are just in the East? I want to be part of something more
    I fear we might be too yokelish for the Londoners and South Eastern folk to ever accept us. We could probably forge an alliance with the West Country though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    I fear we might be too yokelish for the Londoners and South Eastern folk to ever accept us. We could probably forge an alliance with the West Country though.
    Farmers United

ReputationRep:
    Flat, **** and hard to get to. I have to go there for meetings and it is a 12 hour round trip, I loathe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 toes.

I had a friend from Suffolk. He said he'd never met a gay person before me. I thought 'dude, you have.'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.