Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing my A levels I got rejected from all four unis. This made me really depressed. I decided to do a degree which could get me onto a medicine degree, but failed due to my mental health. I ended up in hospital and was diagnosed a few years after with paranoid schizophrenia. Now I am still in hospital and am applying for a course at college. After this I will go to uni (probably OU) so that I will hopefully get a good degree to apply for Medicine one day.

Does it sound like I stand any chance at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    When I was doing my A levels I got rejected from all four unis. This made me really depressed. I decided to do a degree which could get me onto a medicine degree, but failed due to my mental health. I ended up in hospital and was diagnosed a few years after with paranoid schizophrenia. Now I am still in hospital and am applying for a course at college. After this I will go to uni (probably OU) so that I will hopefully get a good degree to apply for Medicine one day.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that

But, I've applied to Med for this year and so far am standing on 3 rejections.When I first got rejected fro the three uni's,the first day of each I was really upset, my friends were really supportive so that helped and also, I got into the mind that I had done the best I could and there was nothing I could do, so after a while I began to accept it. It also helped that I chose my backup course as something I horoughly enjoy.

I wish you the best of LucK!!!!

ReputationRep:

Just remember there is ALWAYS hope It is absolutely incredible that you still have the courage to keep going forward and achieve your dream despite all that you have been through.You are very committed I can tell.

I have received a few rejections recently but I never really let them get to me. Of course it hurt, but I knew in my heart that I had done the best I could in the citcumstances. It helps that I have a very supportive family as well.I ish you the best of luck. I am sure with your committment you can achieve whatever you want

ReputationRep:
    Never know if you try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you graduate with a 2.1 or 1st class, you'll be on the same level as other graduates for most GEM courses.

ReputationRep:

When there's a will, there's a way. Of course you stand a chance! What medical schools like to see is perseverance and dedication to the field, you no doubt will impress them. I've also met a lot of current medical students and doctors who got into medical schools via the graduate entry programme. You are not alone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.