Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English Language Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My teacher thinks I am not capable of doing English language higher however I know I can Work hard but shes not listening.I need advice
    overall if my English language control assessment is D can i still get an overall B without stressing or do i do foundation and get my control assessment to an A?????? HELLP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy456)
    My teacher thinks I am not capable of doing English language higher however I know I can Work hard but shes not listening.I need advice
    overall if my English language control assessment is D can i still get an overall B without stressing or do i do foundation and get my control assessment to an A?????? HELLP
    Explain your situation to another teacher like the head of the department/ a deputy head and they'll sort you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAls)
    Explain your situation to another teacher like the head of the department/ a deputy head and they'll sort you out.
    They dont care they have no faith in me all they care about is their league table and for their students just to pass i am really struggling as i went to the headteacher and she did not take any of my words into considerations and is just following what the teacher is saying i only have on English teacher in the whole school and i am AQA

ReputationRep:
    get a d in the coursework means that your actually grade in the exam will be brought down by one grade aim for a B and you'll hopefully get a C

ReputationRep:
    If you have any mocks coming up then you should take that chance to score at least a B and prove yourself.

ReputationRep:
    They dont care they have no faith in me all they care about is their league table and for their students just to pass i am really struggling as i went to the headteacher and she did not take any of my words into considerations and is just following what the teacher is saying i only have on English teacher in the whole school and i am AQA
    Maybe talk to a teacher who knows you well like your form tutor. If it still doesn't work out, just get your parents involved.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a D means your actual exam grade will be brought down a grade aim for a B and you'll hopefully get a C
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    How any teacher would see it "if this student got a D all together with your planned CA, how can they possibly cope with the pressure of higher paper?"

If you're in year 11 now, there is no chance you will be able to redo your CA unless the teacher has lost it or something. Most likely they have cashed in on your CA marks now.

If you really insist, how about talking to your Head of Year and see if h/she can speak to the Head of Department for English and take it from there really.

I personally believe getting a solid C is better than trying to get a B and only failing to get a D. I don't think it's a wise move to be honest with you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.