Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey guys can you please help me- CORE MATHS C1 ADVANCED SUBSIDIARY PAPER Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am really struggling with questions 7,8,9 and 10. I've been trying but cant do it! help asap

ReputationRep:
    What date is the paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1454358395.285313.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1454358412.648361.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  92.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    What date is the paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not a dated paper as it is an odd one, here's a photoName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1454358456.479628.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  77.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never even knew they asked about f(x) in Core 1 Papers. Hang on I'll get the solutions over to you in a jiffy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    7) (i) 2f(x) a vertical stretch scale factor 2( if u dont get it ... it means mulitpling all y values by 2)
    (ii) f(x-1) a horizontal translation by 1 unit to the right
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    F(-x) means a reflection in the y axis

ReputationRep:
    I am not doing OCR but i can help you on Q.10.
    Differentiate the equation to get dy/dx , then plug in the value of x. Solve from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattismad)
    I never even knew they asked about f(x) in Core 1 Papers. Hang on I'll get the solutions over to you in a jiffy.
    Full solutions are not allowed to be given
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly mcnally)
    I am really struggling with questions 7,8,9 and 10. I've been trying but cant do it! help asap
    For q 10 take dy/dx once you get that sub x=1 in place of x and you will see that dy/dx (the gradient) will come to a value of minus five

ReputationRep:
    Question 7ia.) is y = 2f(x) so it means a y stretch therefore you must multiply all y values by 2 and keep the x values the same.

Question 7ib.) y = f(x-1) means you are moving the whole graph to the right therefore you must keep the y values constant and change the xvalues accordingly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Full solutions are not allowed to be given
    Oh why not - is this the latest MEI paper?

ReputationRep:
    Oh why not - is this the latest MEI paper?
    No it's just a rule of the forums. We don't give the full solutions - instead we help the OP to get there

ReputationRep:
    No it's just a rule of the forums. We don't give the full solutions - instead we help the OP to get there
    I mean worked solutions?

ReputationRep:
    I mean worked solutions?
    Whatever it is, if it gives the answer without them doing any work or with them being led straight to the final calculation or something, it's probably best you leave it.

Zacken can clarify

ReputationRep:
    I mean worked solutions?
    The point of this forum isn't to just give the answers, it's not helpful to learn from something you're struggling with by just getting the answer. It's much more helpful getting assistance on how to get to the answer, that way you know how to do it the next time you're in a pickle.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is, if it gives the answer without them doing any work or with them being led straight to the final calculation or something, it's probably best you leave it.

Zacken can clarify
    I didn't realise That sucks. Oh well good to get the practice in by doing it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    The point of this forum isn't to just give the answers, it's not helpful to learn from something you're struggling with by just getting the answer. It's much more helpful getting assistance on how to get to the answer, that way you know how to do it the next time you're in a pickle.
    At the end of the day though it's up to the OP if she wants to actually learn from the worked solutions.

ReputationRep:
    I mean worked solutions?
    Thanks for the tag, Student403.

This one is a bit of a weird case, as the OP isn't even bothering to show her working or ask for help - but yeah, full solutions are against the forum guidelines because we feel that it's much better to help the OP reach an answer and prod her along using hints so that she grows from the experience mathematically.

I'll kindly ask the OP to clarify what troubles she's having and to show her working.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day though it's up to the OP if she wants to actually learn from the worked solutions.
    She probably does if she's asking for help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.