Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which is the best day-to-day and which has the best formal hall?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Worcester used to be one of the best, if not THE best. It's still pretty good but not quite as amazing as when I was there, "back in the day" :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    Just go to kebab kid opposite the odeon cinema.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by futbol)
    Just go to kebab kid opposite the odeon cinema.
    :hand:

Tiz all about Branos :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Day to day - LMH (Loads of it and its all buffet style, they have a massive salad and cake table)
    Formal - St Catherines (Amazing courses and their catering staff are amazing, plus nice modern dining hall)

ReputationRep:
    So far I've enjoyed Magdelan the most, though my host said the food isn't usually so good. St Catz has consistently good food and cheap. Keble has the best atmosphere - biggest dining hall in Oxford and filled to capacity on a Sunday. Formals at the newer colleges like Kellogg and Wolfson are excellent, though rare.

ReputationRep:
    Best regarded food: Merton, Trinity, Queen's, St Catz, Regent's Park
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Attarkt)
    Which is the best day-to-day and which has the best formal hall?
    Not sure why St. Anne's hasn't been mentioned yet, our food is amazing. Formal hall is only once a fortnight though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Not sure why St. Anne's hasn't been mentioned yet, our food is amazing. Formal hall is only once a fortnight though.
    That probably answers the question then.
    How is the regular food there?

ReputationRep:
    Christ Church's guest dinners (closest to what many other colleges consider as formal hall) which occur twice a term serve really good food. Day-to-day food is average to good but cheap - some good days, some bad days. I personally didn't have many strong complaints about the food served in hall, but some friends were a bit more disgruntled, particularly vegetarians. But I couldn't say how we compare(d) to other colleges.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.