The Student Room Group

HMRC AO pre-employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Help16
Good luck! 👍

YAY

After ringing the new number and asking for scheduling, I was given another number. Dialled that and got John Lewis Foreign Currency desk!!!!

Called again and got 0330 123 4210

Dialled this and AT LAST they have given me an appointment - 9 days away but at least it's an appointment for OH to actually have a 'Nurse' Speak to me.

Hopefully this will move things on.

Persistence does pay off!
sounds great 👍 Hopefully you'll hear back soon. Good luck.

Do you have the number for the people doing the actual recruitment? I've just been emailing and getting nowhere. Not sure if they're waitin. For anything or not :frown: x
Original post by Help16
sounds great 👍 Hopefully you'll hear back soon. Good luck.

Do you have the number for the people doing the actual recruitment? I've just been emailing and getting nowhere. Not sure if they're waitin. For anything or not :frown: x

I only have a number for the dept that deals with documents originally copied. I dont think that that is the actual HR department and its impossible to find a number online for them!
Hi guys!
I've just received a provisional offer after interviewing in June and being placed on a reserve list in August. I'm doing my pre-employment checks and it states "Please provide details of your current and previous employers or educational tutor whom we may contact for references. Please also give the name and address of one person to whom you are well known and who has agreed to act as a referee." It's asking for 3 references (at least I think it's only asking for 3, I just got up to the 3rd one).

Do I have to have all 3? I used my last employer and my personal tutor at university. I don't know who to have for my 3rd one, I've only had temporary jobs and i'm not sure any of them will even remember me, and if they do, i'll just be the girl who quit. If it's a character reference they want for my 3rd, I also don't know who I can include. I've bounced around from city to city so I don't really have any neighbours I can ask.
Hi.
Since you have used your previous employer and university tutor then for the 3rd character reference can be a friend. Just as long as this person has know you at least 5 years. I used friends for my character reference and they didnt even contact them. They only contacted my work references. Hope this helps.
I've finally had some contact. Reason my checks are taking so long is because I've got an IVA. does anyone know if this will affect me having a formal offer?
I had my conversation by phone with Occupational Health people last Friday.
They assured me they would e mail the form to HMRC the same day. I e mailed HMRC to let them know this and as yet have had no reply or any start date.

Getting a bit frustrated again.

I have had no reply to any e mail sent in the last month to HMRC.
Anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone had a start date fro Newcastle yet?
as far as I'm aware it takes the recruitment team almost two weeks to reply to anything. HMRC? Not so sure.

With the starting dates. I think there doing location to location, one at a time and in merit order. So highest scoring first. I think they've just finished with sunderlands intake. I'm waiting on peterlee so no idea about Newcastle.
Original post by Help16
as far as I'm aware it takes the recruitment team almost two weeks to reply to anything. HMRC? Not so sure.

With the starting dates. I think there doing location to location, one at a time and in merit order. So highest scoring first. I think they've just finished with sunderlands intake. I'm waiting on peterlee so no idea about Newcastle.

Thanks.

I'm beginning to think Newcastle are going to be last!
Original post by Artortrees
Thanks.

I'm beginning to think Newcastle are going to be last!

I'm thinking I won't be able to start till after Christmas. I've had a call from recruitment for my IVA. then they said it could take another 4/6 weeks for any further feedback for my application :frown:
Original post by Help16
I'm thinking I won't be able to start till after Christmas. I've had a call from recruitment for my IVA. then they said it could take another 4/6 weeks for any further feedback for my application :frown:

Good grief nothing happens quickly does it?

I think I'm gonna give it another few working days and then start e mailing or calling or something. That's if I can find the right people to actually talk to!

I need time to resign from my current position too so the delays could just make everything worse.
Good grief nothing happens quickly does it?

I think I'm gonna give it another few working days and then start e mailing or calling or something. That's if I can find the right people to actually talk to!

I need time to resign from my current position too so the delays could just make everything worse.

I'm in the same boat. Need a four week notice for were I'm at now. If you're currently going through pre employment checks, I've been emailing
[email protected]

But they take a while to get back in touch. I've no numbers though. X
The last few e mails I have sent to that address I have had no reply from.

I guess if they have nothing to tell you then they just ignore them.

The only tel no I had was for the people who do recruitment documents checks and they told me last week that all was OK so should hear soon.

Need a new definition of 'soon' lol.
I am also waiting for a formal offer for Newcastle! Did you originally apply for the graduate scheme or have you applied specifically for this role?

I'm in the same boat with pre-employment checks but also have no idea about the job I have been provisionally offered... it's a mental recruitment process.

Good luck to every one still waiting!
I did apply for this specific role.

I have now had no reply at all to the 4 e-mails I have sent.

I know from the tel calls I have made that the pre employment checks and docs are all OK but am still no further forward.
I did apply for this specific role.

I have now had no reply at all to the 4 e-mails I have sent.

I know from the tel calls I have made that the pre employment checks and docs are all OK but am still no further forward.

I have a start date for Newcastle, 5th Dec.

I have been offered a Casework Officer role in Enforcement and Compliance. I hope you hear soon. Good luck!
Congrats!

My online status now shows as pre checks passed. Just waiting on the date now. How'd you get yours? Phone or email?
X
Original post by Help16
Congrats!

My online status now shows as pre checks passed. Just waiting on the date now. How'd you get yours? Phone or email?
X

Thanks. I heard by email. I had one to say that I had passed the checks then three days later there was another with my formal offer. You will hear soon I'm sure.
Hope so. Been about 20 weeks give or take a few days lol.
Glad you've finally sorted. Good luck x
Congratulations to you, that's great news.

I still have not heard, though I did call the Manpower number again on 28th October for an update.

They are now telling me that all checks are OK, but as I had a conversation with OH Assist and may need a workplace assessment (I need an adjustable chair for a spinal problem) that they may be waiting to do all of those before giving a start date. (Not sure how they can assess something if you afe not there)

Bit weird but Hey Ho More waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest