The Student Room Group

uni options or not

okay so im 18 and i did 3 as subjects and got a B, C, E
i retook one of the subjects and got the E again which was really sad
but now im doing the same three subjects from AS in A2 level and im finding them very difficult, im pretty sure im going to get a bad grade in all of them because im ill most of the time and theres nothing i can do about it

ive always wanted to go to uni but i didnt apply this year because, again, i was pretty sure i wouldnt get the grades needed for my course

im actually suffering because im finding the workload so much and cannot keep up at all. anytime i sit down to study and do some work i literally cant condense anything or write anythin. my mind goes blank

should i just drop out? or suffer my way through the end of the year
Original post by aishamohamed
okay so im 18 and i did 3 as subjects and got a B, C, E
i retook one of the subjects and got the E again which was really sad
but now im doing the same three subjects from AS in A2 level and im finding them very difficult, im pretty sure im going to get a bad grade in all of them because im ill most of the time and theres nothing i can do about it

ive always wanted to go to uni but i didnt apply this year because, again, i was pretty sure i wouldnt get the grades needed for my course

im actually suffering because im finding the workload so much and cannot keep up at all. anytime i sit down to study and do some work i literally cant condense anything or write anythin. my mind goes blank

should i just drop out? or suffer my way through the end of the year

Have you spoken to your school about the trouble you're having concentrating and feeling pressured? Your AS grades aren't bad but whether they're good enough will depend what you're hoping to study. Which course are you hoping to study at uni?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to your school about the trouble you're having concentrating and feeling pressured? Your AS grades aren't bad but whether they're good enough will depend what you're hoping to study. Which course are you hoping to study at uni?

Hi, im planning to stuy english and media but now im not even sure i want to go to university. I've also not spoken to my teachers because they all hate me, i know this is hard to believe buut they do

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aishamohamed
Hi, im planning to stuy english and media but now im not even sure i want to go to university. I've also not spoken to my teachers because they all hate me, i know this is hard to believe buut they do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there noone at school you can talk to?

Do your family know you're having such a tough time? They might be able to help you figure things out:smile:

If you're completely stuck for someone to talk to then https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/aboutus/contactus/Pages/Contactus.aspx might be able to help give you some guidance or talk through things with you. You can speak to them on the phone (they'll even ring you) or via webchat. Because it's confidential and private/1to1 they should be able to help you find help specific to you (which we can't do on TSR unless you give away private information like where you live and which school you're going to) and direct you to some tools to help you figure out where you want to get to (and come up with a plan of how to get there):smile:
Reply 4
You've helped me a lot thank you, ill check out the link and im too scared to talk t my family about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest