Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Words start moving around/going in the wrong sentences. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Something which I have noticed is that when I make notes, the words in the sentences are all mixed. Liek I write half of one sentence in the wrong one.

And also when I read, especially with white paper and black ink the words move and float. This is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I have to use a ruler so that I don't read the wrong line Lol.

Do coloured overlays even help - whcih coulours should I get, any advice would be appreacited.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ****ing dyslexia :facepalm:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Something which I have noticed is that when I make notes, the words in the sentences are all mixed. Liek I write half of one sentence in the wrong one.

And also when I read, especially with white paper and black ink the words move and float. This is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I have to use a ruler so that I don't read the wrong line Lol.

Do coloured overlays even help - whcih coulours should I get, any advice would be appreacited.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ****ing dyslexia :facepalm:
    If you google online irlens test you can check out different colours on your screen. Overlays don't work for all dyslexics, they ve never worked for me but some people say they really help with making things stay on the page better so worth a try I recon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you google online irlens test you can check out different colours on your screen. Overlays don't work for all dyslexics, they ve never worked for me but some people say they really help with making things stay on the page better so worth a try I recon.
    Thanks will check it out. For maths and stuff not really a problem, but wordy stuff in other subjects can be annoying.

Do you mind if I ask what problems you have :/

My spelling is generally decent and vocab is good, handriting is awful lolz
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Thanks will check it out. For maths and stuff not really a problem, but wordy stuff in other subjects can be annoying.

Do you mind if I ask what problems you have :/

My spelling is generally decent and vocab is good, handriting is awful lolz
    Of course I don't mind Dyslexia and dyspraxia, mostly my readings slow generally my eyes skips across pages a bit but I wouldn't say they jump off the page exactly and my st memory is bad and my handwriting is awful otherwise my vocabulary and spelling is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I don't mind Dyslexia and dyspraxia, mostly my readings slow generally my eyes skips across pages a bit but I wouldn't say they jump off the page exactly and my st memory is bad and my handwriting is awful otherwise my vocabulary and spelling is pretty good.
    I have that too. I don't even really know what motor coordiantion really is

I just remember getting incredibly frusturated with the jigsaw pieces.

My eyes do that too :/

Are you better at arty subjects, or sceinces?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have that too. I don't even really know what motor coordiantion really is

I just remember getting incredibly frusturated with the jigsaw pieces.

My eyes do that too :/

Are you better at arty subjects, or sceinces?
    Took years but eventually some of the motor stuff got easier so don't lose hope on it . Definetly sciences especially biology and maths, I m really logical so always sucked at arts subjects along with not being able to draw so can't do anything creative at all.

ReputationRep:
    Took years but eventually some of the motor stuff got easier so don't lose hope on it . Definetly sciences especially biology and maths, I m really logical so always sucked at arts subjects along with not being able to draw so can't do anything creative at all.
    Ah nice

Do you ever get left and right mixed up and stuff like that :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice

Do you ever get left and right mixed up and stuff like that :/
    Yeah,most days I get them a bit mixed up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah,most days I get them a bit mixed up.
    how did the date of the OP change to 1970 Lol, like how does that happen.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have this. It's Irlens Syndrome. I also find that if I write on white paper, my handwriting is terrible. It's much neater if I write on blue paper.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.