Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Eating out with another woman is cheating
    yes
    28.30%
    no
    71.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango peeler)
    Ok so two people say it's cheating and I'm sure more will.

Please explain why, even as Anon? Because I dont see how it is.
    If you had to make a post about it, i think a little bit of you thinks it's not ok.

Alright...

If the tables were turned would you be ok with your girl going out to dinner with another guy. Just one on one?

Ok so two people say it's cheating and I'm sure more will.

Please explain why, even as Anon? Because I dont see how it is.
    I don't think it is, but what I think about this is irrelevant. Your girlfriend's opinion is all that matters here, and you've already conceded that your girlfriend thinks that it's inappropriate/constitutes infidelity.

So if I am with a woman already and then go to eat with someone else that's not suspect behaviour? I mean I agree it's not but I know some women think that and my girlfriend is one of them; I just want to make sure it's not delusional insecurity.
    I don't think your girlfriend is going to change her mind if presented with a poll on a student website telling her that she's wrong, but you're free to try it out. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I've had dinner with guys that I saw as just friends whilst I had a boyfriend and I see no issue with it, and neither does the boyfriend. As long as there are no romantic or sexual intentions, it's really no different to having dinner with a female friend IMO.

ReputationRep:
    lmao obv not all romantic, not intentionally anyway. Just like I went over to a friend's house during the day after a lecture and she made me something and we sat and ate and talked for a couple hours and that was it. Apparently now I'm the worst person in the world. :hmmm: It just makes me feel prisoner with some insecure guard lol Thanks for your response by the way.
    can't see the problem with that. Sounds like she is feeling insecure and having trust issues.

ReputationRep:
    lmao obv not all romantic, not intentionally anyway. Just like I went over to a friend's house during the day after a lecture and she made me something and we sat and ate and talked for a couple hours and that was it. Apparently now I'm the worst person in the world. :hmmm: It just makes me feel prisoner with some insecure guard lol Thanks for your response by the way.
    I had genuinely thought that you had decided to "platonically" have lunch with an attractive co worker who you've known for about 2 weeks

Smh your girl is overreacting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Presuming there's no flirting or any inappropriate physical contact then no it's just eating with a friend and not suspicious at all, I really can't see the issue
    Ok thank you. It really was just casual but substantial convo and a quick meal. It's not even about the location which was her flat, it's the general insecurity. When I was getting hollered at and interrogated, she only mentioned the fact about it being with another woman. Not where we were, tbh I can't even remember if I even was able to get that far into the story to tell her lol

ReputationRep:
    If that's all that happened, then I think your girlfriend does sound a bit insecure. Also, some people believe men and women can't be just friends, and maybe she is one of those people. I guess you'll just have to talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    I had genuinely thought that you had decided to "platonically" have lunch with an attractive co worker who you've known for about 2 weeks

Smh your girl is overreacting
    Hm? No it's actually a female friend I've known longer than my girlfriend. I just stopped by and she was cooking and hospitably offered me food, I'm 24 and have adult friends who cook and want quality convo and company, sue me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol I'm annoyed that I can't have female friends, and then without being accused of f*ckery.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's cheating, no. The simple act of eating with another member of the opposite sex does not = cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    If that's all that happened, then I think your girlfriend does sound a bit insecure. Also, some people believe men and women can't be just friends, and maybe she is one of those people. I guess you'll just have to talk to her.
    She's quite conservative yeah. We already talked. Well i talked, she yelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **** Diamonds)
    I had to read the title twice :teehee:
    You dirty dawg haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol next stage would be , you looked at her for 7.5 seconds longer than expected

Why you cheating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    can't see the problem with that. Sounds like she is feeling insecure and having trust issues.
    lol ye I'm used to having aggressive women and I probably mistook my current gf's more...reserved way for...Idk quiet confidence or morals or something? Slowly realizing it's probably just...insecurity and snobbery. Not a good feeling I'm getting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lol next stage would be , you looked at her for 7.5 seconds longer than expected

Why you cheating?
    lol ass-staring will get you smacked though :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I wouldn't say it's cheating, no. The simple act of eating with another member of the opposite sex does not = cheating.
    Someone mentioned emotional cheating. Which women came up with? lol I'm old school, if we're not having sex shut the hell up.

ReputationRep:
    It's not cheating OP.

You can have friends that are opposite sex as long as it's completely platonic and you and your girlfriend are both happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you mention that in your initial post?! No not cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Well that's opening doors for feelings evolving, maybe even cheating. When you claim a girl to be your girlfriend, that means there's boundaries that you can't cross with other women.

Tsk
    Tsk
    Tsk
    lmao err no. I don't play with fire like that, just a friend.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    If you had to make a post about it, i think a little bit of you thinks it's not ok.

Alright...

If the tables were turned would you be ok with your girl going out to dinner with another guy. Just one on one?
    No. I made the thread because I want neutral opinions.

We weren't "going out to dinner" lol it was a homecooked meal; going out to dinner sounds like a date O_o

ReputationRep:
    JFC MAN change the title

ReputationRep:
    yes! there it is right there. Can't even get chicken and rice these days.
    The insecurity is perhaps generated from a lack of confidence and tbh that just puts an unhealthy strain on the relationship.

Trusting your partner and your partner being able to reciprocate that trust are signs of a strong foundation. Then again trust is built gradually and its not all plain sailing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.