Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Camp America 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to apply to Camp America in the summer of 2017 and would like to have a look at the application form that you have to fill out, however, i cannot find one unless i start the application process on the Camp America website and i don't want to do that, does anyone have a copy of the form?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie1998)
    I'm looking to apply to Camp America in the summer of 2017 and would like to have a look at the application form that you have to fill out, however, i cannot find one unless i start the application process on the Camp America website and i don't want to do that, does anyone have a copy of the form?
    Hello! I'm afraid we don't have any previews we could send you - but the application form is where you list all your skills/childcare experience and go into detail about them! I hope this helps - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I would like to know if you can choose which camp/location you are sent to? Also are there any official dates for when you need to go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! You can't decide where you're placed, but if you attend the recruitment fairs you can talk to camps in a specific location that you would like to go. https://www.campamerica.co.uk/explore/events You will need to be able to depart any time between May 1st and June 20th. i.e. leaving on the 10th June is fine Let us know if you have any more questions! Pops CA

ReputationRep:
    So I have applied for camp america summer 2017 and I applied around early August time and I was told because I applied so early that I would most likely get placed early and I haven't heard a single thing! I'm really upset and worried that I won't find a placement as its my whole plan for the summer and I really do not know what I am doing wrong. I also am not sure whether you get placed through camp america and just get an offer and have to accept or reject it straight away or you get emailed from a camp getting an offer, could someone explain the whole process please?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Don't worry you still have plenty of time to get placed! I didn't get placed until late January my first summer. Also the recruitment fairs are coming up this month and they are the best way to get placed. Have you had your interview yet with Camp America? Any issues or improvements to make your interviewer should have gone through with you. So how it works is, you apply with CA and we work with camps all over America. We work to get you placed at one of those camps, and the camps can also search for applicants as well. A camp will then get in touch with you via email or your account and ask you for an interview and then hopefully you get placed. If you get made an offer we always advise to take it, as you may not get another one.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Pops CA

ReputationRep:
    Hello 😊

I'm thinking about applying for Camp America for th first time this year. I'm very worried that for me the whole application process will be a waste of time, because I do not have the experience they are looking for as I have worked in an office most of my working life. It's something I've always wanted to do but have been unable to due to circumstances, now these have changed I feel like I need to take the ball and run with it while
    I am still able to. Does anybody know if anyone in my position has ever been placed before?

Thanks in advance 😊

Amy x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Amy,

I applied to camp when I was 25 and had been working in an office for two years And I have been to camp 4 times now! If you want to drop me an email: [email protected] I can discuss your experience with you and see if I can help you!

Pops CA

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Has anyone had their interview yet? I have mine later this week and am so nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go?

For anyone else seeking advice check out this article for tips on how to pass your Camp America interview.

Summer is close!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I've been placed but I really don't feel like the camp is for me. I was just wondering if anyone had rejected a placement and if they got future offers etc?

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have at the last minute decided to apply for camp America. I have completed the application process and now I am unsure as to what I am supposed to do? I have emailed an interviewer but am yet to hear anything. Do I just wait?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, drop [email protected] an email and they will be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm on the RSG scheme and was wondering what sort of percentage of people on RSG get placed?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Aimee,

Your chances are really good on RSG, the team will be working hard to get you placed and off to camp We can never guarantee it, but hopefully you'll hear soon and be off to camp!

Pops CA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.