Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biology AS Level WJEC CBAC, how much do we need to know? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hope I put this in the right forum, anyway, I'm worried about how much my school teachers are giving us for information. I am doing AS Level Biology, WJEC CBAC and I'll be taking my AS in June. I am a jan intake student, so have just started my course, but I'm worried about how much extra information my teachers are giving us. Not all the information is in the specification, yet they insist that without this information, we won't get higher than a B. Could anyway shed some light on this?

For example, from the specification, it says that candidates should understand

"the structure and function of the following: mitochondria; endoplasmic reticulum(rough and smooth); ribosomes; Golgi body; lysosomes; centrioles; chloroplasts;vacuoles; nucleus; chromatin; nuclear envelope; nucleolus; plasmodesmata"

However, we've been given notes and info on The cell Cytoskeleton, plastids, Cilia +Flagella, stuff about Intercellular connections in animal cells etc.

I've just moved here and I don't know whether the teachers are trustworthy so could anyone tell me how much is too much information? I normally don't mind extra knowledge but since I have to do everything in a shortened period, I want to just focus on the important stuff.

ReputationRep:
    dont trust your teachers
    go off the specimen, they can ask anything on it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.