Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl who dyes her hair? (black to brown) Watch

Announcements

I have naturally very dark hair (almost black) which is mid back length and I'm so bored of it. I want to dye it to a chocolate brown colour, so about 3 shades or so lighter.

However, I'm scared of looking fake especially as the hair grows out. I feel it would be better to just be secure in my own natural self, but I really want to change my look as well.

So what do you think guys? Is a woman dying her hair too fake or insecure for you? Do you prefer natural beauties, or do you not mind a woman who colours her hair?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    It's not something I would pause and think about :lol: if it makes you happy, why not?

And i's not like it's a more... I dunno, out there kind of colour like pink or blue.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know this was a thing? I've dyed my hair since I was 13, I've never been called fake or anything remotely negative because of it (I've dyed my hair red, purple, blue and brown in the past). If you want to do it, go for it! Try it once and see if you like it, if you're worried about regrowth either dye it more often or you can stop if you think it looks bad. I doubt black roots on brown hair will look that bad anyway though tbh, I'd barely notice.

ReputationRep:
    Dying your hair is fine if you want to do that for a change. Although light brown - blonde doesn't suit medium - darker skin tones in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be extremely surprised if anyone actually said they did have a problem with it tbh, it seems incredibly petty. I personally have no problem with it, it's your prerogative to decide on your own appearance, not your partner's

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with dying your hair, it's only hair dye,eventually your hair will go back to its natural hair colour! And I don't think it makes a girl look fake

ReputationRep:
    No unless said person really hates that hair colour I guess lol :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    lmao you're not even doing a radical hair dye nobody's going to give two shits.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think many guys will care in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    I thought most girls dyed their hair these days?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with it? I'd date someone with any colour hair, blonde, ginger, brown, black, even something awesome like purple (I like purple ok as you could probably guess from the sig)

(Original post by moonkatt)
    I thought most girls dyed their hair these days?
    Yeah and a lot of girls are labelled as fake and shallow for putting in too much effort as well though

(Original post by Blondie987)
    I'd be extremely surprised if anyone actually said they did have a problem with it tbh, it seems incredibly petty. I personally have no problem with it, it's your prerogative to decide on your own appearance, not your partner's
    I agree I don't know why I always care so much about what others think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree I don't know why I always care so much about what others think.
    Don't worry, most people care too much about what others think but just remember that if there are actually people out there who will judge others, they're going to do it regardless of what they do because they're judgmental people so you might as well do what you want lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.