Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    To start I'm 19 years old and I can't stand living with my dad anymore and I don't know what to do.

    My dad is using my card to pay for the water bill. He puts money into my account to pay for it but is mostly always late and we've almost had CCJs in my name - which would mean me going to court even though I don't pay for the water bill, as well as giving me a bad credit score.
    As well as this I know he has frauded other stuff, serious stuff.
    This is putting so much pressure on me but I don't want to get him into trouble even though I may get into trouble some day.
    I'm looking for jobs and have had some interviews but I still haven't got a job - even if I did I don't think I'd have the money to move out.
    The arguments between us in this house are massive and I think the next one I will pack all of my stuff and go to my mother's though I know she doesn't want me there, this would also cause a lot of problems as my mum and dad do not get on and I feel he would make my life a living hell.
    I just don't know what to do anymore, I am so depressed and have no one to talk to.
    ... I just don't know what to do? In some ways I just feel like I should deal with it but I don't know how much more I can take.
    I don't know what it would be like living with my mother either. If she didn't want me living there I think I would have to declare myself homeless - which would mean me explaining why I can't live my dad - which would get him into trouble.
    Does anyone have advice?

    If you really want to move out, get a job with at least 2 days a week so you can pay for room and have money for basic needs such as food, clothing, etc.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2016
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.