The Student Room Group

Guys, what do want to know about us girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
Birthday coming up soon after the first date
Girl: "No, you don't have to buy me a present"
Time comes
Girl: "Really? Just a card?"
Guy: "What? But you said..."
Girl: "So? I didn't mean it"
Guy goes and cries in corner (on the inside)

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol you should just know this:biggrin:
Reply 101
Original post by ivybridge
Trivia:

Why do you think girls are generally so much more open and respectful towards a range of sensitive issues, than men?

Maybe because from a young age girls recognise that their mothers or other motherly figures handle themselves quite differently to men. I grew up with two brothers, a father and then a step-father, yet me and my mother, if it came down to it, would be the most sensitive members of our family.So upbringing could be a factor or possibly how our brains function with the different hormones between the two genders.
Original post by Anonymous
I'll probably figure out a better system when I get to uni but for now, I just have my set of nice underwear and my set of gross underwear.

Whatever works for ya :smile: but you should really look into liners, they'll help a lot
Original post by shawn_o1
hmm, well I do go to work now, I keep my mouth shut during my commute and only talk on the phone. I have been cycling with a group of people but never really joined in any of their conversations, maybe it's because I prefer talking to one person at a time about things that matter to me. (they're all much older people with families to look after)
So the "social rules" probably arise in social situations I've never been comfortable in, such that I avoid.

I don't think your problem is that you aren't respectful or that you don't understand social rules, just that you're an introvert (like myself) and would rather observe conversations and listen rather than talk (I'm just picking this up, do correct me if I'm wrong). There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it comes across as shy but I hate even talking to people I don't know on the phone, let alone in person! Use your time of not joining in with conversations to observe the way people talk to each other if you're worried that you're not good at it. I don't think you're half as bad as you think you are but worrying about your 'social awkwardness' will make you come across as socially awkward; I have had friends (males especially) which have had this problem and have realised that actually their social awkwardness is largely in their head, but a lot of it is about trusting the people you're around that you can be yourself around them and I totally understand that right now that can be extremely difficult to do. If you're not around people that you're not comfortable with talking to then it's totally okay to not talk I would say, after all you're in totally different age groups and it would be quite hard to have lengthy conversations with them. Bear in mind that your preferences of talking to smaller groups of people are not bad things, they're just part of who you are.

Alternatively, you may have a form of social anxiety which you might be interested in looking into if you feel like it is severely impacting your life, but some of it may just be an age related thing it's just part of growing up and finding your place which can be so difficult to do without the fear of being judged for everything you do!

Original post by GonvilleBromhead
Ahaha love it. On that note, why generally do girls get more annoyed about banter? Obviously this doesnt apply to all but i find telling any sort of joke that is edgy or personal comes off badly. For example a fat boy will get laughed at and called fat all the time and it makes no difference to him, or a tall boy will always be called lanky, or a short one midget etc etc and it doesnt bother them however girls tend to get upset by this. Similarly if I make a gendered or transgressive joke to a boy ie no wonder you cant drive, changing gear and steering is multitasking or a racist/sexist joke its hilarious. Girls not so much.

Secondly why do girls say what they dont mean, expect you to psychically understand how they've interpreted everything and most importantly expect blokes to make the first move or indeed give obviously contradictory signals (for example i had to mediate between two friends who went out, got drunk and she invited him back and kissed him then slapped him when he tried to go further and threw him out. How was he meant to know lol)

You may think that fat boy getting laughed at can laugh it off easily but he might not underneath be that way at all, however in today's society if a guy shows that he is upset about being insulted he is seen as not being 'man enough' so they have to sit there and take the abuse and pretend that they don't care when it may be severely affecting them underneath. Girls will get upset by this because body image is an extremely prominent issue in society for everyone, but particularly females at this moment in time (note that I am not excluding males in this because I am fully aware of the body image struggles males have also but here we are talking about girls) have a massive struggle with the way they look, particularly to guys. Now if you go around calling them fat do you really think that it's your place to tell them what their body looks like n such a negative way whether it's a joke or not? No neither do I. I understand that to some people, this sort of humour is their biggest source of entertainment but it would be lovely if we could move away from this because it is toxic to the victims of it. Just think if it was you being insulted and made fun of for a joke.

On the racist/sexist jokes thing, they just aren't funny to girls who have been largely the oppressed gender since gender roles began. I mean racist jokes just aren't funny anyway, they're outdated and boring if I'm honest, and sexist jokes are just in bad taste. Gender roles are finally being moved away from and insults such as 'you play sport like a girl' are dying out because tbh, we are all sick of being made to look weak and pathetic when we have some very strong cases within our sex that prove we are just as capable at a lot of things that males are.

They do not always 'say what they don't mean' as you put it, we're just as hard to interpret as guys are to girls. Not all girls expect guys to make the first move as that is quite old fashioned but some (like me) are just simply too shy to try it on with a guy if he has only shown potential signs that he's interested, and some just like the "chivalry" of it. That is just one example of a girl probably changing her mind about something halfway through which she is totally entitled to do (even though slapping the guy is a bit harsh I'll give you that) but just because signals have been given please remember that girls are human beings and are able to change their mind, drunk or not.
@liquity Thank you :hugs:
xxx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BlackSweetness
All i know is never trust a female!
They can seriously Fu** up your life if your not careful

I mean how silly can you be to have a girl mess your whole life up...Usually there's red flags before it gets to that point. Sorry Felicia.
Because all it takes is a wrong relationship/marriage and your done for;

House GONE
Kids GONE
Money GONE

Im not saying all females are like this; but from what ive seen, only a solid 10% of girls are worthwhile!

Kids, House and Money? Oh no how will I cope with all of these useless stressful things not in my life.
Original post by redleader1
What's it like to have a period ? Ie mood changes etc ? Is it hard/ easy ? Does every period vary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes, periods vary ALOT. Some girls will bleed for 10 days, some will bleed for 2 or even 1 :O For some girls the ovulation cycle can be up to 40 days rather than the 28 average day cycle. What's it generally like to bleed from your noonoo? Well it feels really weird because imagine peeing but thicker and just slowly seeping out every now and then, and then you have the passing of blood clots. Some girls, it's so heavy when they sit down and stand back up it's niagara falls haha. I used to be like that but then I got put on birth control, best thing EVER! Periods so much lighter and shorter. Mood changes are the worst I think personally for me, just before my period starts I'm in a mood with everyone, anyone can piss me off really easily, I don't want to talk to anyone, I want to be left alone. Sometimes I'm really hyper or crazy but rarely. I'd rate my period on the scale of 1-10 at a 5. Pain is fine if you take ibuprofen. It's a life saver. Socially it can be annoying, not being able to go swimming and stuff, feeling unsexy. When I have my period I tend to wear baggy clothes because I like to feel comfy and not have jeans sticking to me too much, I dunno haha. Tampons solve the swimming issue but it's still a bit unsexy haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you girls think of a twin?

I find it hard to attract any interest as most girls can't even get my name right, and think of me as just a twin, not as an individual person
Original post by whorace
Kids, House and Money? Oh no how will I cope with all of these useless stressful things not in my life.

Useless stressful things? Lol!
Good luck with life bro!
What do you girls think of a twin?

I find it hard to attract any interest as most girls can't even get my name right, and think of me as just a twin, not as an individual person

Personally, I look at everyone as an individual including twins, I think you've been hanging out with the wrong people
Useless stressful things? Lol!
Good luck with life bro!

Marriage - Why tie yourself down when you can tie lots of others down?
Children - Having children is morally wrong lets be honest.
Housing - You are now landlocked to this crappy country.
Money - Ok this one has perks, still of no value on its own
Why do girls love assfaces? (guys that treat them wrong)
Original post by If u dont mind
Are there still loyal and humble girls?:colondollar: Like, i've used to see boys hang around with friends in the street and make noices and laugh loudly and do whatever thay want.
Now, boys are in the house helping their moms and playing xbox or ps4 and girls are out and doing stuff boys used to do!!
This is actually soo much fun and intresting! The way the sexes has changed is unbelievable!!
I would love to do a research on girls!! <3

I rarely go out to parties and such; I mainly just stay at home and do homework, or watch TV shows.. :h:

However, I do understand where you are coming from; it was only the other day that I was asking the same question about guys..it seems that all of them (at a young age) are drinking alcohol now, and I don't want to get involved with that...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
Marriage - Why tie yourself down when you can tie lots of others down?
Children - Having children is morally wrong lets be honest.
Housing - You are now landlocked to this crappy country.
Money - Ok this one has perks, still of no value on its own

Marriage - I agree
Children - having a little mini version of yourself is one of the greatest and most fullfilling things ever
House - Everyone wants their own little pad they can pimp out
Money - This pretty much explains itself.

If you really dont find worth in any of these things you might as well be a monk and move to tibet or something
Original post by shawn_o1
@liquity Thank you :hugs:

Hope you feel better soon :console:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Dude, it was in this very thread.

Tbh I don't blame you for not noticing it, massive example of tldr.

Anyway point is, It's a person's choice whether they want to engage in a purely sex-based relationship (one night stand ect), why shame men for being honest, when there are so many women that do the same thing?

How about I clarify it since I wrote it? I'm not denying there's a double standard in almost every aspect of life. But be real - guys will hook up with a hot girl with a terrible personality just like girls will hook up with a hot guy with a terrible personality.

Spoiler

How about I clarify it since I wrote it? I'm not denying there's a double standard in almost every aspect of life. But be real - guys will hook up with a hot girl with a terrible personality just like girls will hook up with a hot guy with a terrible personality.

Spoiler

I wasn't commenting on you, I was commenting on the other two girls really lol

It's the double standard that bugs me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by luminarychild
Why do girls love assfaces? (guys that treat them wrong)

Do they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending