Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm an international student from India and I've applied for electrical and electronic engineering and I got offers from university of Edinburgh kcl and qmul. The qs rankings aren't something to judge by so I'd like help in picking how would you rate them? Ratings depending on course wise social life and cost of living. Thanks for your inputs by the way
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raul ind)
    Hey guys I'm an international student from India and I've applied for electrical and electronic engineering and I got offers from university of Edinburgh kcl and qmul. The qs rankings aren't something to judge by so I'd like help in picking how would you rate them? Ratings depending on course wise social life and cost of living. Thanks for your inputs by the way
    As Edinburgh isn't in London I'm going to assume it will have a lower cost of living. All three will have vibrant social scenes due to their locations so I don't think you need to worry about that. It sounds like Edinburgh might suit you best, though if you choose to living in London I would personally far prefer to study at KCL. This is mostly because I have good friends who did not enjoy studying there at all. This said, many people love there time at QMUL so please don't let me put you off.

Have a look at the websites, look at the accommodation and the destinations of people who graduate from your department/course. Hopefully you will get a feeling for which place seem right. We also have a forum for each university on here which you can find here. Take a look around.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I’m a business and marketing student in Glasgow, and waswondering if I could just ask a quick question for my dissertation:

When choosing to study at a UK University, what factors aremost important in your decision?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    As Edinburgh isn't in London I'm going to assume it will have a lower cost of living. All three will have vibrant social scenes due to their locations so I don't think you need to worry about that. It sounds like Edinburgh might suit you best, though if you choose to living in London I would personally far prefer to study at KCL. This is mostly because I have good friends who did not enjoy studying there at all. This said, many people love there time at QMUL so please don't let me put you off.

Have a look at the websites, look at the accommodation and the destinations of people who graduate from your department/course. Hopefully you will get a feeling for which place seem right. We also have a forum for each university on here which you can find here. Take a look around.
    Thanks a lot i took a good look around and i find edinburgh the right choice as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloiseparry)
    Hey

I’m a business and marketing student in Glasgow, and waswondering if I could just ask a quick question for my dissertation:

When choosing to study at a UK University, what factors aremost important in your decision?

Thanks!
    Id love to help . Well while choosing a uni these were the following things that i considered

Academic ranking and satisfaction in general with course ive selected

Location from which city to which part of the city as this governs students life a bit

Future career prospects, job opportunities ,interships , tie ups with companies in the fid etc

Fees and funding with scholarship prospects

Recognition of uni in the field uve picked and in general recognition of the university as well

These are the ones that i've considered the most . Hope it helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.