DarthWhoder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So with the new A-Levels reform, I'm kind of confused as to how I should take the exams. Are AS-levels no longer required? Do you sit all 6 modules, e.g. for GCE Maths, in one session?
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here..
rainbowtwist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DarthWhoder)
So with the new A-Levels reform, I'm kind of confused as to how I should take the exams. Are AS-levels no longer required? Do you sit all 6 modules, e.g. for GCE Maths, in one session?
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here..
Some subjects have yet to be reformed. Currently, Maths and Further Maths (and a few others) still use the old system so you sit AS exams and then A2 to get the full A Level (not sure when this is changing - a couple of years maybe).
Other subjects like the sciences, history, English (I think), psychology etc. have been reformed which means that you can get a standalone AS qualification or you can just sit the exams in year 13, getting an A Level. If you got the AS then it does not count towards the full A Level as it used to.
For example, in physics I will sit 4 exams in year 13 alongside doing a load of practicals for my A Level. But in maths, I'll be sitting 3 exams this year (AS) and 3 next year (A2).
It's so confusing..... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads