Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Read and listen - match a book to a song (or album) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I read to music. I have a Spotify playlist filled with mostly easy listening and some classics, and it's just really relaxing to have songs I'm so familiar with as background music while I'm reading.

But sometimes you're reading and a song (or album) just lines up so perfectly with the book that you're reading.

The Martian by Andy Weir and Space Oddity by David Bowie

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Life of the World to Come (album) by The Mountain Goats.

So, match a book to a song, or an album. Let's see how many we can get.

ReputationRep:
    On a similar note to the Martian, I always associate it with Starman! I was so happy when they used it in the film
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    I read to music. I have a Spotify playlist filled with mostly easy listening and some classics, and it's just really relaxing to have songs I'm so familiar with as background music while I'm reading.

But sometimes you're reading and a song (or album) just lines up so perfectly with the book that you're reading.

The Martian by Andy Weir and Space Oddity by David Bowie

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Life of the World to Come (album) by The Mountain Goats.

So, match a book to a song, or an album. Let's see how many we can get.
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Boom Pow by Charlie XCX

ReputationRep:
    Queen's Greatest Hits was playing in my mum's room when I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and "We are the champions" ended up being the soundtrack to the bit where Harry goes into the Forbidden Forest at the end....:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    Queen's Greatest Hits was playing in my mum's room when I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and "We are the champions" ended up being the soundtrack to the bit where Harry goes into the Forbidden Forest at the end....:cry2:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The hungry caterpillar and Head Crusher by Megadeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    :rofl:
    It's not funny!!!!! "We'll keep on fighting 'til the end..." I cried so much....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    It's not funny!!!!! "We'll keep on fighting 'til the end..." I cried so much....
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Boom Pow by Charlie XCX
    Nah, moreso Birdy - T-shirt

This is such a good thread! I wish I had something to contribute, though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    This is such a good thread! I wish I had something to contribute, though :sad:
    Keep us in mind if you do think of any. You'll be reading later on and a song will come on that fits with the book and then boom you'll let us know

ReputationRep:
    Wuthering Heights with Wuthering Heights.

(Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Keep us in mind if you do think of any. You'll be reading later on and a song will come on that fits with the book and then boom you'll let us know
    Yeah, definitely

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.