Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Horse demands share of £2000 selfie prize in Welsh trials Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    that bloke's girlfriend looks uncannily like mine.

Oh, the horse owner is a stupid grasping **** obviously.
    For a moment I read that as "the horse is a stupid grasping ****".

ReputationRep:
    the copyright rests with the person who was the controlling mind behind the photo.
    i.e. the humans.

the horse was on public view.
    there is no law to prevent a photographer taking a photo of anything in a landscape.
    ( there are a few security exceptions)

the horse owner is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    the copyright rests with the person who was the controlling mind behind the photo.
    i.e. the humans.

the horse was on public view.
    there is no law to prevent a photographer taking a photo of anything in a landscape.
    ( there are a few security exceptions)

the horse owner is an idiot.
    Would any of that change if they were trespassing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I meant to correct you on that but it got overlooked in the earlier rush. The word you are searching for is probably 'bombed'. Bombee is unlikely to be a real word.

Corrected. :five:
    I know, but my word sounds more fun and since we're using bomb in a fun context rather than the original decidedly un-fun context, I went with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I know, but my word sounds more fun and since we're using bomb in a fun context rather than the original decidedly un-fun context, I went with it.
    You don't realise the power of your casual words - bombee might now become a thing.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit more subtle than that - the monkey (sorry, it wasn't a chimp, I had that bit wrong) took selfies using the photographer's equipment and Wikipedia therefore claimed they were nobody's property as animals can't hold copyrights.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_selfie

The selfies are incredibly sweet. :love:

That is incredibly adorable! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    That is incredibly adorable! :love:
    He really is so sweet. Kind of makes you want to know him and have chats.

ReputationRep:
    Would any of that change if they were trespassing?
    in this instance, they were on a public footpath.
    not sure if taking a photo ( without any objection) while trespassing changes the matter.

if you do trespass, the landowner can ask you to leave but cannot demand the memory card/deletion of photo.

generally places that ban photography can therefore chuck you out but not "rip the film out of the camera" like in the movies.

ReputationRep:
    it is a pony not a horse

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.