Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh is any one out there doing this unit in all there fun exams this year?
    We have been given a brief:

Resaurants and shops rely on corporate identity to make themselves distinguaishable from their competietors in the market place. It is important that the shop frontages are eye catching
    then it asks us to invesigate ...frontages fro resturants and shops... signages....blah balh....ne1else doing it will know wot im on about.

Ne1have any ideas????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panrix)
    Ahhhhh is any one out there doing this unit in all there fun exams this year?
    We have been given a brief:

Resaurants and shops rely on corporate identity to make themselves distinguaishable from their competietors in the market place. It is important that the shop frontages are eye catching
    then it asks us to invesigate ...frontages fro resturants and shops... signages....blah balh....ne1else doing it will know wot im on about.

Ne1have any ideas????
    Technology? What course? Let me guess AVCE ICT?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly i have no idea!
    As far as i know its just some random design technology exam where we have to design a shop or a restaurant or sommit!
    U can tell my skool get us clued up! :cool:

Hummm ah well!
    Ne Ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panrix)
    Unfortunatly i have no idea!
    As far as i know its just some random design technology exam where we have to design a shop or a restaurant or sommit!
    U can tell my skool get us clued up! :cool:

Hummm ah well!
    Ne Ideas?
    So its GCSE then?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know what your talking about, i'm taking it as well 2moro! eeek
    well luckily i have a copy of a students work that she did last year..she got an A i think so i'm just adapting hers.
    i think you should look up the materials used, the different types of signs, ie illuminated sign boxes. and the printing processes etc. ..
    do you know here i can find info on the manufacturing processes of signs and the production plan???!? i can't find one anywhere!
    someone help..'sob'
    btw ..heres a link for info on materials used for signage -
    http://www.fastsigns.com/learningcen...color.html?s=2

good luck, i know i'll need it lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that link,

lol, just doin some revision now, but as posted in a different thread, I feel it's gonna be a struggle to do a high quality project in 3 hours like this...

But hopefully all will go well. Do you have that red and white "design with materials technology" book? Are we allowed to take it in with us? I mean it's an open book exam so i'm hoping so!

Anyway, good luck to you all, although, the worse you do the better grade i get! lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have the same book, and yes you can take it in with you, in fact you can take whatever you want in with you lol, but i haven't done any prep so i'll prob do hmmm...ok, but not great i suppose..
    it won't be too bad, its not too much to do in 3 hours, have you been given an example paper from last year? you can use that, take notes and just copy it all out in the exam.
    hmm maybe i can take some sorta signage expert in with me.. lol..they said we cud take anything
    ...lol

ReputationRep:
    lol, so you can jus pick up ur mobile and call some sign company and ask what they'd design and take into account... Then you jus gotta write it all down!

I dont have last years paper, so no, can't take that in with me, but got some prep work that we did as a class at skool, but it's all just random web pages people have printed off!

do you know where I can have a look at last years paper? or better still you can scan yours in and email it to me?!

I think i did really well in unit 4 and my unit 3 resit though, and have two A's for my C/wk and unit 1, so i should be able to get an A even if i dont do too well. But hopefully the emphasis isn't on how good your designs look, but more what you write, because my drawing ability is shamefull!

anyway, will be up 2moro morning to get some practice designing in, and I think i need to buy some pencils! lol.

Let me know if you know where i can get that paper, Edexcel are so much worse than AQA on stuff like that.

Thanks for the help,

Daz.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah did notes in class about materials and different types of signs etc.... but id like a bit more info. Our teachers have a reputatuion of being dodgy!!!
    We were give that book half hr before our last tech exam! great! c wot i meen!!!
    I cant help with the paper but i found these sites
    www.construction-index.com/doccatretdel.html
    www.activeshopfronts.co.uk/AboutUs.html
    http://www.capitalisedsigns.co.uk/cu...front_main.htm

There not much but they have a few little gems of info!
    Enjoy!
    Good luck
    xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, not sure if you're gonna be on this morning, but just wondering if we're going to be designing just the signage or the whole front of the shop/restaraunt???

And I think all DT teachers must be dodgy cuz ours definately are, like they spend weeks on topics that aren't even in the syllabus, and they give us misleading info for our c/wk etc etc...

Anyway, thanks again for the links, not sure if i'll have time to go through them fully though! Well, good luck, lets hope the task is relatively straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    oh, and by the way amazing trade, this is an A-level. It's actually called, "Design and technology: Graphics with materials technology" And is on Edexcel.

I do Maths, further maths, and physics also, and I would have to say that this is the hardest out of the four. There is so much the exam can be on, and the projects really do have to be to such a high standard.

Anyway, I should really get some revision done!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i do art graphics too! this is way harder!!! I also do geography and until i started revising for this i had always geography was harder!!! So how did you guys do in the exam how did u find it?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I managed A allright, but spent 10 minutes too long, Then went on to B, and spent another 20 minutes too long, so i was half an hour over! Then did C in 30 min, so still 30min over, Got to D, realised how much time i had left, and decided to it really really quickly, so my d was piss poor, then went on to E, which also was quite poor, and did F...

So, all in all, i think it was horrible, and 3 hours is so not enough, or maybe I was just trying to make it to too high a standard?

Fingers crossed though hey, I've got Pure 3 today, should be alot easier!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.