The Student Room Group

Why does it seem like she pays more attention to me then her friends?

Especially her male friends.

For instance we were in class yesterday and her male friend asked what food he was going to get from Tesco (random, I know) and she kind of brushed it off and rolled her eyes at me.

Another instance was when her friend, who was sat on her right, was saying random **** like "What should I wear tonight", and my crush kind of answered vaguely.

However, when she speaks with me we make very good eye contact and smiles... we laugh and I have this extreme sense of butterflies.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Especially her male friends.

For instance we were in class yesterday and her male friend asked what food he was going to get from Tesco (random, I know) and she kind of brushed it off and rolled her eyes at me.

Another instance was when her friend, who was sat on her right, was saying random **** like "What should I wear tonight", and my crush kind of answered vaguely.

However, when she speaks with me we make very good eye contact and smiles... we laugh and I have this extreme sense of butterflies.

It is difficult to know without you giving a few more details about her and what your past has been. Good eye contact and positivity seems like a good thing though. Do you like her?
Reply 2
Original post by randdom
It is difficult to know without you giving a few more details about her and what your past has been. Good eye contact and positivity seems like a good thing though. Do you like her?

Of course I like her.

What else do you want to know?

We see each other 1-2 times a week and have started speaking from 2 weeks before Xmas.
Reply 3
*casual bump*
Reply 4
Of course I like her.

We see each other 1-2 times a week and have started speaking from 2 weeks before Xmas.

Is she single, is she in your friendship group? How confident do you feel about possibly asking her out on a date?
Reply 5
Original post by randdom
Is she single, is she in your friendship group? How confident do you feel about possibly asking her out on a date?

She's newly single. Last time I heard she ended it with her ex before Christmas.

I only see her once or twice a week. I don't think we're "friends" at the moment though.

Not really that confident... I'd only ask her out if she was showing me very clear signs :frown:
Reply 6
She's newly single. Last time I heard she ended it with her ex before Christmas.

I only see her once or twice a week. I don't think we're "friends" at the moment though.

Not really that confident... I'd only ask her out if she was showing me very clear signs :frown:

Could you arrange for her to come to something where there will be a group of your? That way you can spend more time with her without it being too exposed?
Reply 7
Original post by randdom
Could you arrange for her to come to something where there will be a group of your? That way you can spend more time with her without it being too exposed?

I'd rather it just be us two.

At worst it could be interesting if we went out to a club with her and my friends... that way we'd be slightly more relaxed I think.
Reply 8
I'd rather it just be us two.

At worst it could be interesting if we went out to a club with her and my friends... that way we'd be slightly more relaxed I think.

I think that would be best as it won't feel awkward if there is a group of you. Is she on social media? can you try chatting to her on that and build a friendship?
Reply 9
Original post by chikane
I think that would be best as it won't feel awkward if there is a group of you. Is she on social media? can you try chatting to her on that and build a friendship?

A "friendship"?

I think it's good how it is at the moment. Eventually there'll be a point where I ask her what she's doing the weekend and ask whether she'd like to go to a club in a group or whatever. She sounds like a laugh :smile:

I don't think it feels awkward right now, at all, but the club night will take it to the next level :smile:
Of course I like her.

A "friendship"?

I think it's good how it is at the moment. Eventually there'll be a point where I ask her what she's doing the weekend and ask whether she'd like to go to a club in a group or whatever. She sounds like a laugh :smile:

I don't think it feels awkward right now, at all, but the club night will take it to the next level :smile:

You said yourself you aren't friends and you only see her once or twice a week. you need to talk to her outside of class or whatever you have together as she probably talks more to her male friends then she does with you. She probably sees you as the guy she sees once a week in class or something.
As you do not know her well if you were to ask her out for a coffee would you be able to have a conversation with her if it was both of you? if you are super confident then great but if not maybe inviting her to a club with your friends is a good idea.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending